Staff Analyst, Finance Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/4/2020
END DATE 8/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE ROLE
Tesla's mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy. Tesla s Finance Analytics team sits at the intersection of financial analysis, business intelligence, data engineering, and data science to support this mission by converting raw data into actionable insights.
We are looking for a talented analyst who is passionate about analytics, automation, and business decision making. This analyst will be an "analytics generalist" who will work side-by-side "analytics specialists" such as financial analytsts, data engineers, and data scientists. Successful analysts on our team have come from both business and technical backgrounds but all share a growth mindset and are constantly growing their knowledge and skills through continuous learning.
* Perform rigorous analyses on large, complex data sets and provide strategic insights, hypotheses, and conclusions based upon findings to leaders at all levels
* Work with business and engineering teams to drive the development of Tesla's data, reporting, and analytics platforms
* Build, maintain, and improve data models, forecast models, dashboards, and data pipelines
* Create clean, reliable, and scalable single-source-of-truth data sets by partnering with data quality and application engineering teams to address data issues in upstream systems and document data lineage, business logic, and KPI definitions
* Partner with business analysts to help automate manual workflows and train them in tools and skills to become self-sufficient as needed
* 2+ years of relavant experience
* BS/MS in STEM or quantitative field (CS, Applied Statistics, Operations Research) or BS/MBA in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Analytics
* Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with commercial and emerging BI databases, technologies, and languages
* Experience with data analytics tools and languages (Python, R)
* Experience with advanced Excel BI functionality and languages (Power Query (M), PowerPivot (DAX))
* Knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, and financial modeling
* Experience working with enterprise systems and understanding of data design pattern differences between transactional ERP systems and analytical data warehouses
* Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment, comfortable dealing with ambiguity
* Excellent problem-framing, problem solving and project management skills and ability to change direction quickly
* Experience with Python-based data visualization packages and tools (Matplotlib, Plotly, Superset)
* Experience in building, deploying and maintaining data pipelines using open source tools like Python and Airflow
* Experience designing and building machine learning models with open source machine learning libraries and frameworks (Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras)
* Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
* Experience with git and version control workflows
* Experience continuous integration pipelines and infrastructure (Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes)
* Experience with application development frameworks (Flask, Django, JQuery, Angular)
* Knowledge of various data communication protocols (REST API, Websockets)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.