Staff Manufacturing Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/21/2019
END DATE 1/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. JOB OVERVIEW
TE's Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world's leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage requirements, leverage Ready-to-Deploy solutions through engagement of Center of Excellence Teams, and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
* Lead teams in solving high priority challenging problems leveraging your advanced problem solving, creativity and leadership skills. Drive solution deployment globally.
* Lead local and global cross functional teams in driving innovative solutions for process stations.
* Adhere to quality and compliance standards to ensure safe and effective use of the devices TE manufactures. Identify best practices and share globally.
* Serve as global technical expert for process technologies spanning product lines. Support local and global operations in meeting production goals.
* * You approach your work with a positive attitude and seek to raise the energy level of those around you. When leading teams, you strive to keep morale high.
* You are a passionate student of medical device technology and manufacturing methods. You are equally energized by helping others globally to share your knowledge and experience.
* You thrive on coming up with new ideas and leading teams to do the same.
* You have a BS Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or related engineering degree. Masters or PhD a plus
* You have 6 to 8 years industry experience with a BS degree, 6 years with a Masters or 2 years with a PhD.
* You bring experience with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement - six sigma and lean background valued.
* Any medical device manufacturing experience you have would be valued, but it is not required.
* Your advanced problem-solving and statistical analysis skills will be heavily leveraged.
* Your 3D modeling and tool design skills will be valued for process improvement projects.
* You will apply your expert knowledge of manufacturing process and automation development in the execution of multiple projects.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
* Generous 401(k) Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Benefits start on day one
* Charity Donation Matching Program
* Competitive Paid Time Off
* Employee Resource Groups
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Healthcare for Associates and Families
* Health and Wellness Incentives
* Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.