Staff Nurse II - Interventional Radiology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/15/2020
END DATE 2/10/2020
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy. (Title 22 language)
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Establishes patient care priorities based on essential patient needs and availability of unit resources (time, personnel, equipment, and supplies).
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them. Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient populations.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified by the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and department Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and telecommunication modalities in documenting, tracking and conveying information.
- If practicing in a specialty/extended role, fulfills the expectations established for the particular role.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- This job has no supervisory responsibility.
- Six (6) months of experience as a Registered Nurse.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for health care providers.
DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING, INVASIVE CARE, SPECIAL PROCEDURES -
- One (1) year of experience, within the last 3 years, in diagnostic imaging, invasive care (e.g. surgery), intensive care (including ED, PACU) or other unit in which procedural sedation is performed. Experience caring for patients undergoing procedural sedation.
- Current ACLS is required.
- In facilities where procedural sedation is provided, one (1) year recent experience (within the last 3 years) caring for patients undergoing procedural sedation is also required.
- SPECIALITY AREAS - If no qualified candidate, will be willing to train. Where indicated, candidates in training are required to obtain appropriate certification(s) within the designated timeframe for a particular field of practice.
- May require evidence of current PALS, PEAR, NRP, or completion of other advanced specialty training as dictated by the patient population. See job duties for specific requirements for specialty units.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Staff Nurse II - Interventional Radiology
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.