Staff Physical Design Engineer 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
We have an exciting position in the explosive growth area of Data Center Enterprise Storage. In this role you will be responsible for developing the most advanced semiconductor devices to support stringent high capacity storage needs across all the top tier service providers. Our IC R&D team is looking for an experienced IC physical design engineer to develop high speed custom analog/mixed signal products for the storage industry. A qualified applicant would work closely with circuit design engineers to lay out high-speed custom analog designs and develop mask layouts for customer products, as well as printed circuit board designs. You will join a cross-functional team responsible for developing leading edge high-speed custom IC products that ultimately achieve high volume production.
- Lay out high speed, high performance analog/mixed-signal custom integrated circuits
- Work directly with a team of engineers to determine floor plan, routing and I/O requirements
- Perform IC design rule and connectivity verification and drive products through mask release flows.
- Contribute to methodology improvements to increase layout and verification efficiency.
- Create reticle layouts, documentation, and PO s to release products for mask build.
- Complete PCB layouts for test hardware.
REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS SHOULD BE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field)
- 8 years experience in custom analog IC physical design
- Experience with schematic-driven layout, floor planning, chip level routing, design for manufacturing and design rule and connectivity verification is preferred
- Experience using Cadence Virtuoso XL preferred
- Experience with Cadence Allegro for PCB layout preferred
- Familiarity with both analog and digital layout tools and flows, circuit design concepts and IC manufacturing processes desired
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of silicon process technologies (CMOS and Bipolar) and device physics would be a plus.
- Proven analytical skills (application of math and physics to solve problems)
- Must be meticulous and demonstrate attention to detail.
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
Broadcom Inc. is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.