Staff Research Associate I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/15/2019
END DATE 11/29/2019
University of California San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW
The Staff Research Associate I (SRA I) will work in a laboratory conducting basic research on the immunological mechanisms of allergy and asthma pathogenesis. The laboratory uses mouse models as well as human samples to elucidate the cellular dynamics and the molecular basis for allergic sensitization and the induction of allergic inflammation. The position offers the opportunity to assist with original research projects in the laboratory by using a combination of techniques including cell culture, FACS, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, molecular biology, and biochemistry. The candidate will also serve in a “lab manager” role for the purpose of ordering and restocking supplies, taking care of laboratory equipment, and helping to maintain compliance with safety and regulatory requirements.
A primary responsibility of the position will be to maintain a complicated mouse colony which requires understanding of genetics and skill at mouse handling, genotyping, and recordkeeping, with exceptional attention to detail.
CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH INSTITUTE
The Cardiovascular Research Institute (CVRI) performs cutting edge research illuminating cardiovascular and pulmonary biology and disease and trains clinicians and scientists to become future leaders of these fields.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
* BA/BS degree in Biology or a related science and knowledge of, or experience with, the basic techniques or methods required by the position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience working in a biology laboratory outside of coursework
* Experience with standard laboratory techniques, including PCR, gel electrophoresis, preparation of solutions, and use of equipment such as balances and centrifuges
* Experience with mouse handling
* Basic understanding of the principles of genetics, microscopy, and flow cytometry (FACS)
* Comfortable with computers and new technology
* Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
* Demonstrated record of attendance and punctuality
* Ability to demonstrate interpersonal communication skills
* Coursework in immunology and genetics
* Experience managing a mouse colony
* Experience with flow cytometry
* Experience with microscopy
* Experience with tissue sectioning and immunofluorescence slide staining
* Experience in lab management tasks, such as placing and tracking orders and maintaining equipment
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://ucsfedu.contacthr.com/73139362.jpg /