Staff Research Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/13/2018
END DATE 1/25/2018
University of California - Riverside
JOB DESCRIPTIONSTAFF RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
8AM - 5PM
$47,126 - $75,836
The Institute for Integrative Genome Biology at the University of California, Riverside is seeking a Staff Research Associate 2 in Analytical Chemistry and Metabolomics to work in the newly established Metabolomics Core Facility. This state-of-the art facility houses four mass spectrometers including quadrupole time-of-flight, triple quadrupole, and orbitrap instruments. Responsibilities will include tracking and processing of biological samples for LC-MS and GC-MS analysis according to protocol, method development and validation, and routine lab maintenance. Sample processing will include routine use and maintenance of standard lab equipment: analytical balance, pipettes, centrifuge, freeze-dryer, nitrogen evaporator, homogenizer, and vortex.
B.S. in analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, biochemistry, or related discipline.
2+ years of prior analytical lab experience.
Great attention to detail and clear record keeping.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Detailed knowledge of laboratory safety.
M.S. in analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, biochemistry, or related discipline.
Experience with UPLC/LC, GC, or MS instrumentation, operation and troubleshooting.
Experience with small molecule analysis or metabolomics/lipidomics.
Familiar with processing a variety of samples for MS analysis, including plant and animal tissue.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
* Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey.
* Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
* In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
* U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
* Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
* U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
* Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
* Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
View complete Job Description for this position