R&D Engineer, Staff 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Synopsys, we re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we re powering it all with the world s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips faster. We re the world s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And we design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. We enable our customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance eliminating months off their project schedules.
Staff R&D Engineer
Towards embracing cloud native architecture, we are embarking on exciting digital transformation with new technologies in areas of cloud native micro service architecture, data engineering for machine learning and AI. Towards this, we are looking for senior technical lead with expertise in deploying and managing apps on Kubernetes and who can help to architect, develop and deploy data engineering infrastructure both on-prem and public clouds.
We re looking for a Staff Engineer to join the team. Does this sound like a good role for you?
Responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting, or debugging cloud applications and manages data engineering infrastructure. Candidate will work with engineering teams to identify and implement optimal cloud-based solutions; must have a strong background and proven track record in developing such applications and be able to develop best practices and guidelines.
The Staff engineer is responsible for providing substantial and broad-based technical leadership and technical direction, identify and research opportunities for technical innovation, and drive the definition and delivery of market-leading solutions.
Frequently performs in project leadership role. Drives programs and business initiatives. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and projects. Offers new solutions or direction and is able to encourage and motivate others to support new solution or direction. May advise senior management on specialized technical or business issues.
* BS/MS EE/CS/CEwith a minimum of 8+ years of related experience.
* Requires a strong background in data structures, algorithms, performance and scalability. Demonstrates good analysis and problem-solving skills.
* Experience in architecting, designing and deploying data engineering infrastructure for collecting, aggregating and analyzing data.
* Knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML.
* Experience in working in Data Engineering tools such as Kafka, Spark, Hive, HDFS, Airflow, NOSQL Databases, in-memory databases such as redis, ignite.
* Experience in designing and deploying cloud native micro services application on Kubernetes both on-prem and public clouds.
* Experience in working (configuring, deploying, managing and monitoring) with AWS, GCP, and/or Microsoft Azure.
* Understanding of developing and deploying highly distributed, fault-tolerant and resilient applications
* Ability to work independently and exceptional verbal/written communication, leadership, interpersonal, and teamwork skills are a must.
* Certifications are a plus: AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, OpenStack Certification.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.