State & Local Tax Intern (2021)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/12/2020
END DATE 5/19/2020
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONBDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
BDO is a place for energetic self-starters who can think and act like entrepreneurs. The STS SALT Intern will be responsible for basic research and analysis of state and local tax (SALT) issues, along with utilization of tax software in the completion of basic tax returns and other tax filings and documents. In this role, the STS SALT Intern will have the opportunity to utilize his / her educational background while working side-by-side with more experienced Tax members who will provide direction and coaching related a range of state and local tax laws and resources. This opportunity will allow you to gain a unique hands-on perspective on our firm s practices and people, as well as beginning to forge the critical relationships that will help maximize your chance for success in your career.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in Accounting, Taxation, Finance or other relevant field, Juris Doctorate (J.D) program, or Master of Laws (LLM) program, required
- Leadership experience, preferred
- Prior internship or other work experience within an accounting setting or public accounting, preferred
- Membership and participation in accounting or finance organizations at the college level, preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a team
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to research taxation topics and communicate or compose written analysis effectively
- Basic knowledge of accounting and tax theory.
- Seeks advice of appropriate superiors regarding issues related to compliance
- Ability to prepare simple tax returns as well as drafting other tax related documents
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.