Statewide Infection Control Director 9/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Statewide Infectious Control Director with Corizon Health at the Maryland Regional Office located in Hanover, Maryland:
The Statewide Infection Control Director reports to the Statewide Medical Director supervises the Regional Infection Control Coordinators. The Statewide Infection Control Director is responsible for coordinating, planning, and evaluating the health care for the infectious disease inmate population, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS, HCV, and TB infection and disease. The Statewide Infection Control Director interrelates with medical and nursing staff, security staff at all levels, and administrative staff, support staff and PI/CQI committee. This position is also responsible for overall coordination of the Infection Control program.
* Under the direction of the Statewide Medical Director.
* Participates in the recruitment and orientation of new Infection Control Coordinators. Actively participates in in-service training programs and staff meetings.
* Schedules evaluation conferences for Infection Control Coordinators and participate in their performance evaluations on a regularly scheduled basis. Prepare and submit daily, monthly and annual medical records and reports as requested/required to DPSCS and to the administrative staff.
* Collaborates with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team to develop and Infection Control Program.
* Participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, rules and regulations of related to Infection Control; confers with the Regional Leadership in matters of policy and program development.
* Serve as liaison between Clinical Team, DPSCS MDPH on all issues related to Infection Control Health Care Delivery.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited School of Medicine
* Physician with a Master of Public Health or an Epidemiology degree
* At least three (3) years infection control experience and statistical reporting experience.
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, free online Continuing Education program, and Comprehensive onboarding.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Contact Dee Thandi, 1-800-893-2118