Stationary Engineer I (3008)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/6/2020
END DATE 7/5/2020
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOperates, regulates, and monitors all Utility Plant equipment in an efficient and safe manner. Responsible for the operation of six boilers, five emergency generators and the Central Chilled Water Plants, checks and regulates the operation/performance of plant machinery and equipment to include gas/oil fired boilers, electric motors, fans, pumps, air compressors, piping systems, and diesel generators and other related equipment.
Columbus, OH / Utilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Assists in training new engineers, performs Utility Plant security and safety checks, assists in the overhaul of plant equipment.
* Testing of Power Plant equipment, maintains and cleans plant machinery, equipment and building during operations.
* Regulates the operation/performance of Power Plant machinery & equipment including gas/oil fired boilers, chilled water plants, emergency diesel generators, electric motors, fans, pumps, air compressors, and piping systems. Monitors/adjusts all equipment for safe & efficient operations.
* Takes routine plant readings and performs equipment rounds, maintains logs and enters information into the log computer.
* Tests city water, water treatment plant water, boiler water, cooling tower water, chilled water and heating hot water to make sure all quality parameters are met.
* Adjusts chiller plant operation to comply with service quality standards.
* Performs equipment start-up and shut-down procedures as required.
* Receives information relevant to previous shift and passes on relevant information to oncoming shift.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work 12-hour shifts in the McCracken Power Plant (6AM-6PM or 6PM-6AM).
* Valid Driver's License and State of Ohio Stationary Steam Engineer's License.
* Good mechanical comprehension.
* Computer literacy.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Preferred - Three (3) or more years of experience as an operating Stationary Engineer in an industrial or institutional power plant
ENGIE North America isnt just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, were leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
ENGIE is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.