Sterile Processing Technician 8/22/2020
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
Requisition #: 2012
Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 28, 2020
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Prepares sterile supplies such as instrumentation, med/surg supplies and metal ware, etc., for use throughout the hospital. Preparation of supplies includes decontamination, inspection, assembly, sterilization and distribution. Responsible for operating equipment utilized for the above processes such as washer/decontaminators and sterilizers. Play an important role in the delivery of quality patient care by understanding and utilizing good infection control practices as it relates to decontamination and sterilization.
Night Shift: 11:00pm-7:30am
* Ability to assemble instrument sets, basins, miscellaneous supplies and floor trays according to developed menus and department procedures.
* Successful completion of instrument tray skill check list.
* Ability to wrap all items for sterilization in the appropriate size wrap and or packaging per department policy and procedure.
* Ability to assemble case carts accurately, according to department policy, placing supplies in the cart in the correct location and in the correct quantities.
* Ability to demonstrate the safe and proper use of all the equipment in the CSP department.
* Neatly and accurately labels, inspects and records all information regarding biological indicators.
* Runs biological indicators daily, with implants and as needed per department policy and procedure.
* Accurately labels items for sterilization with the appropriate lot number. Accurately documents on sterilization record form contents of load.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
Minimum two (2) years instrument decontamination or healthcare experience. One year experience can be waived if candidate possesses CSP certification.
Knowledge of Basic Medical Terminology, Surgical Instruments, and Medical Surgical Supplies.
High level of accuracy including documentation.
Ability to carry/lift objects weighing 21 to 50 lbs is required.
Night Shift: 11:00pm-7:30am
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.