Sterile Processing Technician - Evenings - 2nd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/18/2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
Actively maintain certifications
Assists with orientation and certification education
Capital equipment repair requests
Committees: 5S Team, OR/SPD Process Improvement, and Peer Interview
Communicates with Vendors/Sales Reps
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word
Microsoft OutLook Calendar, E-mail, and SharePoint
Participates in annual Inventory
Participates in Continuing Education, Daily Announcements, In-Services, and NetLearning.
Participates in Sizing Studies, Trends/Resource data analysis
Places equipment repair requests
Report - Hand off communication
RL Event Feedback
Sterilization Record Audits
Working knowledge of eSims Synthes Locator
Working knowledge & problem solving skills for all SPD equipment
Working knowledge of all SPA & Tech responsibilities
Working knowledge of Kronos Time Card, OneSource and IFU's * Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Standard Precautions
* Applies aseptic technique in daily work assignments. Performs general cleaning of department surface areas, rack, shelving, storage cabinets, all storage areas, and sterilizers.
* Maintains assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for the handling of sterilized and clean materials and equipment.
* Has a basic knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance.
* Demonstrates knowledge of safety matters and policies.
* Expresses knowledge of chemical disinfectants.
* Decontaminates instruments, equipment & all other devices per manufacturer guidelines.
* Demonstrates knowledge of washer decontamination equipment and is able to function independently in the decontamination area.
* Knowledgeable regarding handling and care of instruments, tray preparation and special procedure items.
* Assembles all instrument procedure trays using protocol content lists as a guide.
* Ensures items needing repair are removed from service and delivered to the SPD office.
* Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the principles of sterilization.
* Demonstrates knowledge of sterilizing procedures and biological monitoring/documentation of the steam & Sterrad sterilizers.
* Sterilizes instruments, equipment, linen and supplies using various types of autoclaves. Loads autoclaves in prescribed manner and sets controls to specified time and temperature according to the type of items being sterilized. Completes appropriate documentation records prior to sterilization.
* Maintains a 3% or less error rate.
* Performs other related duties that may be assigned.
* Is aware of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of department or hospital administrative staff.
* Purposefully conducts all aspects of the job in an ethical manner in support of the hospital s commitment to ethical behavior in all areas of personal and professional activity.
EDUCATION * High school graduate or equivalent required.
* Must read, write, speak, and comprehend English fluently. (to read and interpret manufacturers instructions, sterilization records and all other documentation pertinent to SPD. To communicate effectively within the SPD department)
QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE * Entry level position
* Prefer minimum (1) year clinical experience