Strategic Account Chief Technologist - ANY US LOCATION 9/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Strategic Account Chief Technologist - ANY US LOCATION
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST - ANY US LOCATION
WHO WE ARE:
Micro Focus is one of the world s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today s rapidly evolving marketplace. That s high tech without the drama. www.microfocus.com
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Strategic Account Chief Technologist is responsible for the overall architectural direction, routes to market, and alignment of technical delivery for our largest accounts. This role will support all phases of the account lifecycle including opportunity identification and solutioning, architecture and planning, and solution delivery. You will work closely w/ the account leadership teams, both internal and external. You will work closely with the Strategic Account sales team, product management, and R&D to help meet revenue and specific customer requirements, while developing the customer s understanding of the Micro Focus product portfolio.
The Chief Technologist role is focused on helping our strategic customers drive business and technology transformation. You will establish implementation roadmaps and enterprise architecture allowing our customers to maximize the value of their Micro Focus portfolio. The role covers the full breadth of Micro Focus offerings including the four pillars described above, with a heavy focus on Enterprise DevOps and Hybrid IT Management.
This role is a leader in our organization and will drive architecture across the program and the wider organization, working closely with a large, diverse and highly skilled team.
THE STRATEGIC ACCOUNT CHIEF TECHNOLOGIST WILL:
Align & Execute
* Drive increased professional services (PS) pipeline around our four pillars through business development and big deal support.
* Work across the Micro Focus organization enable, connect, interact and collaborate
* Provide Architectural leadership and deep technical expertise, with a focus on our Enterprise DevOps and Hybrid IT Management pillars. Conversant with and able to apply multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., IT4IT, TOGAF, ITSM)
* Specific product area expertise in Micro Focus SMAX, OpsBridge, Data Center Automation, CMS (UD/UCMDB), Hybrid Cloud Management, Configuration Management, Orchestration, Network Operations Management, Vertica, and NetIQ.
* Define and own PS strategies for responsible account(s)
* Coordinate and align with other organizations in creation of strategies (cross portfolio)
* Effectively advocate solutions, both internally and externally
* Ability to write proposals for large enterprise or global level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
* Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for large enterprise or global level projects.
* Successfully collaborates with project teams. Iindividual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization.
Alignment outside of PS
* Partner and build relationship with Customer Success, Product Management, RnD and other internal stakeholders
* Represent PS in account strategy sessions
* Align strategies with license and alliance teams
* Influence product strategy to drive alignment with PS customer needs and PS solutions
* Provide industry thought leadership in domain
* Personally contribute to thought leadership via internal and external presentations or webinars
* Contribute core content to evangelize the PS value proposition with customers, senior executives, analysts and market campaign content (i.e. white papers.)
Teaming / Management
* Manage, lead, direct, coach team members and project Solution Architects to achieve program and organizational objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* At least 10 to 15 years industry experience
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, Masters degree preferred
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.
MICRO FOCUS IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOUR, RELIGION, CREED, GENDER, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL OR VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENETIC INFORMATION, CITIZENSHIP OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED STATUS