Strategic Analytics Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/5/2020
END DATE 8/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONIRI Analyst Strategic Analytics
IRI is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help CPG, OTC health care, retailers and media companies to grow their businesses. With the largest repository of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated on an on-demand cloud-based technology platform, IRI helps to guide its more than 5,000 clients around the world in their quests to remain relentlessly relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers and deliver market-leading growth. A confluence of major external events a revolution in consumer buying, big data coming into its own, advanced analytics and automated consumer activation is leading to a seismic shift in drivers of success in all industries.
What we do:
IRI Strategic Analytics works with clients in consumer packaged goods and retail to fuel their sustained, profitable growth. We combine our expertise in advanced analytics, marketing, sales and strategy, empowered with big data and technology, to develop practical insights and actionable recommendations.
We leverage IRI s granular and proprietary data to develop scalable, data-driven and robust analytical solutions for real business problems. Our work spans a diverse group of client companies, from iconic brands to high-growth startups.
Analyst role profile:
The Analyst role is a trusted business partner who is regarded as a data expert, able to translate data into actionable, analytic insights to drive IRI s clients business performance. The Analyst understands how to interpret and use various data sources, and leverage existing approaches to address clients business challenges and market opportunities (i.e. trade marketing, pricing and promotions). The Analyst develops and maintains a deep understanding of IRI data, understands clients businesses cross-functionally and a demonstrates a knowledge of new and emerging analytic solutions (both IRI and industry).
The Analyst plays a key role in project delivery, actively participating in the development of insights leveraging IRI data and solutions. This individual builds and maintains a working knowledge of current trends in the Marketing, Market Research, and CPG Industries including Trade, Pricing and Promotion and other analytic techniques that will be the foundation to drive actionable insights. The Analyst uses cutting edge AI and ML algorithms along with applying consultative capabilities to client engagement in order to convert insights into business implications and strategy.
* A Bachelor s Degree required in Marketing, Economics or business related field. An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline is preferred.
* 1-3 years of experience solving business issues with the application of analytics, leveraging data in a research or consultative setting, or applicable Master s degree
* Ability to engage in a consultative manner with the team, demonstrating strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into insights
* A technical foundation that includes a conceptual understanding of modeling techniques and a grasp of statistics utilizing packages such as SAS, SPSS, and R
* Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstration of business savvy and strategic thinking
* Demonstrated ability in data mining, working with large data sets
* Ability to glean and integrate insights from a variety of data sources
* Operational discipline including working with a team
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* Highly organized, demonstrated ability to manage projects and balance competing client priorities
* A practical versus academic understanding of analytics applications in Econometric modeling a must
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Talent.Acquisition@iriworldwide.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.