Strategic Business Executive-Infectious Disease North East 11/7/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a STRATEGIC BUSINESS EXECUTIVE (SBE-ID) within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business. In this role, you will be responsible for the achievement of sales goals for the NORTHEAST region within the Abbott Rapid Diagnostics Infectious Disease sales organization. The SBE-ID is focused on a $120MM product portfolio. Position reports to the National ID Sales Director.
The SBE-ID is a product line specialist responsible for the Tech Lab (enterics), Determine Combo HIV and Urine Antigen Tests product portfolio. The ID-SBE is expected to be a product line expert with a focus on Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN) and large opportunities. The target market will include Hospital C-Suite and Laboratory, Physician Office Laboratories, Government and Public Health departments (state/county). Call points include Hospital Lab Directors, Point of Care Coordinators, ID Physicians, ED, Quality and Infection Control and C-Suite. Physician Office Laboratories call points include Physician Office Managers and working with distribution partners. Determined Combo State HIV call points include AIDS Directors, HIV prevention Chiefs, Community Based Organizations (CBO), AIDS Service Organizations (ASO).
The SBE ID will be accountable to develop and maintain strong relationships, with KOLs, Regional References, and identify Key Strategic Opportunities with major accounts to meet stated sales goals with help from appropriate ID Account Executives, Technical Consultants, and Regional Directors. The SBE ID also helps to ensure that the customers receive high quality customer service.
* Work with the AEs to help develop & accelerate the sales process to meet regional targets.
* Ownership and achievement of Regional Infectious Disease product line sales targets.
* Manage complex sales, including involvement with multiple decision makers and departments within Hospital, POL and Public Health systems
* Provide strategic positioning for different types of ID sales
* Large, enterprise-wide sales
* Target high-influence departments (ED, POCC, C-Suite)
* Target with the assistance of POL Account Executives on large Physician office and urgent Care groups (10 offices)
* Increase Share of Wallet: Expansion of product line use in current customers
* Demonstrate the ability to effectively present the entire Abbott product portfolio from qualifying prospects to product implementation.
* Effectively Develop and Cultivate HIV Community Networks
* Manage business objectives in accordance with the ID priorities.
* Candidate will have a solid understanding of National Accounts and GPOs and be able to utilize those respective resources to drive new business growth.
* Establish executive level IDN relationships to drive system standardization through an extension of GPO agreements or through establishment of local agreements. This may include the negotiation and leverage of other ID Abbott Rapid Diagnostic portfolio business outside of the product responsibility of the SBE ID.
* Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
* Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Abbott Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the companys policies and practices.
* Obtain certification within the Vendor Credentialing requirements by being in compliance with current immunizations, required training, background checks and competency assessments
* BA/BS in sales, marketing, business management or related coursework is required
* Additional training in laboratory product sales and the diagnostics industry is required.
* 8 Years of proven Hospital, clinical lab, reference lab, physician office lab or related successful Sales Experience.
* Minimum 2 years of related POC. Lab and/or Capital Sales Experience
* Demonstrated leadership experience including problem solving, conflict resolution, complex selling, and planning and execution.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and documented success in team selling environment.
* Strong computer proficiency with SFDC, Sales Reports and Pivot Tables, Microsoft Suite, WebEx, iPad
* Travel is at least 60%
* Must live within the designated region (Colorado, Nebraska, North & South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Oregon and Washington)
* Sales Productivity: Approaches role with a strategic mind and formal plan to achieve sales objectives. Effectively fills sales funnel, progresses opportunities towards closure and delivers results in the form of increased sales to the business unit.
* Relationship Building: Uses interpersonal skills to network and build strong relationships with team members, customers and partners
* Business Acumen: Recognizes business strategies and financial situations and how they relate to customers decision making and the Companys ability to create value
Teamwork: Achieves results through teamwork and understands the importance of each team members roles and responsibilities
Alere, Inc.(Now Abbott) is an equal employment/affirmative action employer of Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability please send an email to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request