Strategic Pricing Engineer 8/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number: 94297-CRP-POE
Job Title: Strategic Pricing Engineer
Pay Scale: All Companies/Regions - Negotiable
STRATEGIC PRICING ENGINEER
PITT OHIO, a $826 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking aStrategic Pricing Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
To develop tools and grow dynamic pricing capabilities within the company enhancing revenue and profits
* Work with complex data sets to help determine and set competitive prices to gain market share and achieve revenue and profitability goals
* Develop tools to more quickly respond to changing market needs or trends. Translate data into actionable strategies and techniques
* Research, define and recommend Statistical, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools to further enhance our data analysis capabilities. Work directly with CIO on recommended changes.
* Manage the shipment activity being generated through various API rating platforms to find additional growth as well as monitor account profitability and use dynamic pricing to maximize net profit.
* Identify potential Live Lane Specials leveraging various API platforms.
* Set up Pricing / follow up on new customer leads generated by business intelligence representatives for accounts using API rating
* Analyze API quoting patterns and win/loss results for existing customers to find new opportunities
* Work directly with field sales to find growth opportunities for established customers that receive rates via API
* Work directly with the webmaster, API platforms, and/or customers to establish account set up
* Work with webmaster and IT department to identify ways to improve the API / Dynamic Pricing process
* Generate weekly, monthly and YTD reporting on growth secured through the API/Dynamic rating process
* Analyze growth activity for sufficient profitability and adjust rates as need to extract maximum profit
* Work with the customer directly via phone and/or email when necessary to advance our dynamic pricing opportunities
* Manage and grow the book of business
* Develop algorithms with the idea to ultimately automate the adjustments and feedback loop
* 3PL blanket pricing strategies, optimization, and automation API and otherwise
* Analyze 3PL Blanket pricing programs to identify potential Account Specific opportunities.
* Review lanes where the company has capacity and work to fill them
* Work with our API Volume Quoter
* Present findings to executives and pricing management through weekly or monthly meetings.
* Entrepreneurial and creative; a self-starter
* Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
* Bachelor or advance degree preferred with a focus on statistical analysis
* Able to work at the executive level for adding new capabilities into the organization
* 5+ years of LTL pricing in carrier or 3PL environment or experience with advanced analytical tools
* Experience with Microsoft Office Environment and proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Power BI and PowerPoint.
* Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
* Candidate should be a self-motivated individual who can work well independently in a fast-paced environment
* Analytical, math, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools and problem-solving skills are essential.
* Candidate should also be detail-oriented and very organized.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of forces frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are only required occasionally.
* Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing computer terminal, and extensive reading.
* Typical exposure to interior environmental conditions like air conditioning and dust; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
* Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
* Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
* Occasional travel to industry events
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com. Apply Now
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.