Strategic Program Planner 8/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY "
Noblis is hiring a Lead Strategic Planner with a TS/SCI clearance in Chantilly, VA.
Lead Strategic Planner works with the system architecture team with an emphasis on development and capture of high level architecture and system of systems definitions to achieve the space resiliency mission. Supports the development of a complete and thorough system architecture product portfolio through which space resiliency design and acquisition strategies can be linked. Assists the directorate with new program formulation and portfolio project identification.
* Supports directorate level strategic planning and portfolio definition
* Oversees system architecture development and capture
* Generates systems architecture guidance for a team of systems and design engineers
* Responsible for the system architecture, design, specifying system and subsystem high level and low-level requirement
* Provides systems engineering technical expertise on major system acquisitions and oversees project and program integration
* Provides guidance on engineering management for implementation, process and technology management strategic planning, and integration
* Uses the architecture to make portfolio budget formulation recommendations
* Generates architecture-based products to help defend program selection and budget requests
* Formulate and document technical and acquisition strategies
* Decomposes high-level, enterprise requirements and capability statements into functional and non-functional requirements
* Write system level documentation
Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop business solutions. Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions
* Must have and maintain an ACTIVE TS/SCI Clearance and be able to obtain additional clearance tickets or a polygraph as required.
* Bacheloru2019s Degree or Master's Degree
* Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as strategic planner or engineering lead or engineering manager on major system acquisitions
Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following duties:
* Portfolio planning
* Strategic planning
* Architecture Development, documentation, and use for project definition
* New program formulation
* Technology management
* Systems engineering
* Systems integration
* Continuous process improvement
* Performance benchmarking
* Oversight performance reporting
* Risk management
* Quality assurance
Additional skills needed:
u2022 Demonstrated experience in the implementation of complicated system architectures on large-scale development systems
u2022 Architecture management practices that support large systems
u2022 Developing, reviewing, and analyzing system architecture documentation/products coupled with project management and organizational skills
u2022 Broad knowledge of the systems design, build, and deployment
u2022 Understanding of technical content and the ability to communicate well with subject matter experts
u2022 Experience in the Intelligence Community
u2022 Experience writing system specifications and statements of work
u2022 Experience conducting architecture analysis and decomposing product requirements
u2022 Experience in performing system engineering functions, developing schedules, planning for technical reviews, quantifying and mitigating risks/issues, monitoring technical performance measures, and verifying requirements
u2022 Understanding of the acquisition lifecycle, technical activities and timelines, associated documentation, certifications, and dependencies
u2022 Knowledge and familiarity with satellite systems
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, tackle the nation's toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients' most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company*
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.