Strategic Sourcing and Procurement/Acquisition Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
Censeo Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
Censeo is seeking a Strategic Sourcing and Procurement/Acquisition Consultant to join our team. The consultant will work closely with the client to help manage strategic sourcing initiatives and support category management design and process improvement, procurement analysis, and vendor review. In the role you will provide innovative business strategies, agile procurement solutions, and work with the team to develop and implement the agency procurement policy/processes and provide exceptional consulting support.
QUALIFICATIONS: * BA/BS required with a strong academic background
* 3+ years of experience and demonstrated knowledge of strategic sourcing, category management and supplier performance management methodologies to procure indirect products and services as applied in the commercial sector.
* 3+ years of experience in a management consulting environment or relevant industry
* Demonstrates deep knowledge of procurement systems, policies, day-to-day procurement operations, procurement procedures and performance metrics as demonstrated by prior work experience.
* Strong understanding of various acquisition approaches and ability to formulate analyses and create comprehensive documentation
* Experience applying analytic techniques in the evaluation of project objectives and contributing to the implementation of strategic direction
* Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
* Ability to work independently and in a team on complex procurement and sourcing initiatives
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, to include SharePoint
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Prepares and conducts business analyses, needs assessments, requirements analysis/definition and cost/benefit analyses in an effort to optimize client procurement and strategic sourcing process
* Work with the team to determine, develop and apply negotiation strategies that lead to favorable contract terms and conditions and improved pricing as demonstrated by prior work experience
* Prepares forecasts and analyzes trends, reports, spreadsheets, reporting regulations and business conditions
* Develops and analyzes metrics, performance measurements, requirements, reports and recommendations related to management, organizational structure, policy/procedures, and business systems
* Identifies potential business risks. Areas of focus include but are not limited to business performance, business and economic case analysis, internal control and enterprise risk assessment. Analysis performed will support projects in Supplier Management, Strategic Sourcing, Total Cost Management, and Demand Management Strategies.
* Conduct research on different industries, products and services and compile into market research reports
* Analyzes historical spend, business requirements and market data to develop and execute sourcing and negotiation strategies
* Negotiates pricing, drafts and interprets contract terms and conditions to establish favorable purchase agreements including but not limited to Master Services Agreements, Statement of Works, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Technology Purchase Agreements
* Develop knowledge of category manager and broader client issues, needs, and context
* Share insights and results in an easily digestible manner in both written format and through interactions with team/clients
* Demonstrate initiative and effectively manages own time and schedule
* Demonstrates knowledge of major acquisition lifecycle environments for strategy development and associated best practices
POSITION PARTICULARS: * This is an exempt, full-time position
* Location: Washington D.C.
Censeo Consulting Group, a management consulting firm, is an advisor and partner to management teams who lead some of the largest and most complex organizations in the world. Our key areas of expertise include operations improvement, acquisition strategy, organization effectiveness, and IT strategy with a strong Federal footprint.
Censeo is rapidly growing and has been recognized for our unique approach, culture, and values: * 2020 Forbes Best Management Consulting Firms in America
* 2019 Ivy Exec #7 Overall Boutique Consulting Firm and #6 Top Consulting Firms for Culture
* 2018 Consulting Magazine Best Small Firms to Work For
* 2017 Vault #12 Best Boutique Consulting Firm
* 2016 Forbes Best Management Consulting Firms in America
* 2015 Washington Business Journal s Philanthropy List
Censeo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
Powered by JazzHR