Structural - Bridge Engineer 11/14/2019
Prime AE Group, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIME AE Group (www.primeeng.com) is a well-established and multi-site Civil Engineering, Architectural, Construction, and Technology firm with (16) offices/over 450 employees in the Mid-Atlantic, New England, Midwest, and Florida regions. We are seeking a Structural - Bridge Engineer to be located at either our Richmond, VA or Fairfax, VA office.
Description / Position Overview
- Serve in a Lead Design Engineer role including the planning analysis and design of bridge projects ranging from conventional to innovative bridge types.
- Perform structural load calculations and bridge plan / specifications development.
- Oversee geometric layout and quantity development.
- Check design calculations / construction cost estimates / plan development produced by other engineers.
- Strong technical skills in Engineering analysis and design combined with a proven background of technical leadership on bridge design projects.
- Perform as a Technical Specialist on large projects and supervise/assist with supervising Junior Engineers in the performance of engineering tasks.
- MSCE in Structural Engineering required.
- PE required.
- VDOT experience preferred although not mandatory.
- 5-10 years of combined bridge design required (PM experience not required but a strong plus)
- Extensive experience in all aspects of bridge design projects.
- Computer program proficiency:
- Microsoft Office
- Structural analysis software (LARSA SAP etc.)
- Structural design software (LEAP products BDS products PCA Col etc.)
- Knowledge of MicroStation is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work with various teams internal and external - is required.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that PRIME AE Group, Inc. (PRIME) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, PRIME AE Group will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, PRIME AE Group explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers and/or other PRIME AE Group personnel, are deemed to be the property of PRIME AE Group.