Structural Engineer - Marine Project Manager - Senior
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2019
END DATE 11/1/2019
Moffatt & Nichol
JOB DESCRIPTIONMoffatt & Nichol s Boston (Newton, MA) or New York City office is seeking a Lead Marine Structural Engineer / Project Manager for the planning, analysis, and design of waterfront structures such as large marine terminals, offshore wind components and pier facilities, vessel mooring and berthing structures, bulkheads, marinas, breakwater, shore protection structures and ferry landings. Structural Engineers with bridge design and management experience are also encouraged to apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Manage execution of complex waterfront infrastructure projects by overseeing design process and leading and directing a team of multidisciplinary engineers
* Mentor and develop staff engineers
* Ensure project deliverables and maintain project schedule
* Review and approve all deliverables prior to submission to client; review and resolve client s comments as they relate to scope of work and services
* Create and maintain client relationships. Act as the primary interface between M&N, clients and subconsultants
* Manage subconsultants
* Perform business development activities and attend networking events
* Prepare and submit proposals to clients
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis; Master s degree (preferred)
* Professional Engineer license in Massachusetts / New York or ability to obtain through reciprocity within 6 months of hire
* 10+ years of experience in marine structural engineering design, project management and business development
* Proven success in leading a group and managing resources
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of 800+ employees in 37 offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection and rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Moffatt & Nichol s EEO Statement
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical solutions serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings..