Structural Engineering - Project Manager 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a Best Firm to Work For by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Structural Project Manager to join our Richmond, Virginia office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* Lead and manage design efforts for the Structural Engineering team
* Client management and development
* Develop work plans, schedules, estimates and budgets
* Supervise, coordinate, and review the work of engineers
* Mentor junior engineers
* Perform complex bridge design, rehabilitation and load ratings
* Assist with the development and implementation of marketing plans
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
* Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering, Master s degree preferred
* 8-15 years of structural design experience
* Current Virginia PE (or the ability to obtain the license through comity upon hiring).
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must demonstrate knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, AASHTO Manual for Bridge Evaluation and VDOT standards
* Proficiency in structural design software packages such as MDX, Virtis, Merlin-Dash, Descus, Bar7, STAAD, etc.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.