Structural Planner Estimator 9/2/2020
Life Cycle Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee-owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way , which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work for 14 years running! Learn more below and at www.lce.com.
Structural Planner Estimator
Life Cycle Engineering is currently seeking individuals to support the Engineering and Planning Department (Code 200) at Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PHNSY&IMF) as a Planner/Estimator. As Structural Planner Estimator, you will be involved with project planning, material planning, technical work document development and packaging, and records management in support of submarine structural systems such as Hull Plating, Sail Structure, Main Ballast and Internal Tanks, Structural Foundations, Fan/Ventilation, Decking, Lockers, etc.
* Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Provide Trouble Desk support and Structural design engineering technician services; including development of detailed specifications, material, QA and test requirements, project estimating, material procurement, documents, and technical correspondence and provide technical resolutions via a DL.
* Perform ship checks for actual shipboard conditions.
* Prepare and develop Task Group Instructions/Technical Work Documents utilizing the following shipyard programs; AIM, AIM-XP, ATIS, SDI, JEDMICS, CITIS, SECNET.
* Review Job Summaries/TGIs written by SHAPEC (planning yard) EPD.
* Research and prepare JMLs and order all materials via MRQT using APLs as needed to accomplish work.
* Review, revise and issue Ships Force CU phases of scheduled project maintenance and testing.
* Prepare Quality Assurance (QA) documents in conjunction with DM2.
* Compile Allowance Parts Lists (APL).
* ATIS, CITIS & SDI drawing research.
* Complete Unrestricted Operations/Maintenance Requirement Cards (URO/MRC).
* Mentor junior engineers on various shipboard systems.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
* At least 10 years practical engineering experience which should include the operation, test, maintenance and repair of naval ships or equivalent military training and/or experience.
* General knowledge of structural components disassembly, inspection, fabrication, repair, restoration such as; hull plating, tow array covers, tank covers, decking, brackets, lockers, stowage's, ventilation, fans, galley equipment, bulkhead trimmings, foundations modification, welding processes and requirements..
* Familiarity with the following systems: Advance Industrial Management (AIM) Advanced Technical Information Support (ATIS), Contractor Integrated Technical Information Service (CITIS), and Ship's Drawing Index (SDI) drawings, Allowance Parts Lists (APL), Submarine Maintenance Standards (SMS), MRQT, and MAT.
* NAVSEAINST 4855.34, Qualifications of Activities to Perform SUBSAFE, Fly-By-Wire Ship Control Systems, and Deep Submergence Systems-Scope of Certification Work.
* AVSEANOTE 5000, Activities Authorized to perform SUBSAFE, FBW SCS and DSS-SOC work.
* PHNSY&IMF Instructions.
* Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, standing and prolonged sitting.
* Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance.
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
For information on how LCE is keeping employees safe and continuing to provide uninterrupted support to our clients during the COVID-19 pandemic, read our update here.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization, our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE\'s success depends on the talent, innovation, professionalism, and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision Plans for employees and their families
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
* Company matched 401(k) & company-funded Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Leave
* Dynamic employee innovation/entrepreneurship program which includes education, empowerment, and monetary rewards
* Continuing Education and Professional Development programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules and Relaxed Dress Code
* Employer-sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more
*Benefits may vary by business unit and location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, Because of or on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation, and any other status protected by applicable state law. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.