Substance Use Disorder Counselor 9/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Substance Use Disorder Counselor with Corizon Health :
* Provide individual counseling to maintenance clients within Maryland State and
* Federal regulations.
* Maintain therapeutic contact with methadone client caseload during their stay in the treatment program.
* Maintain assigned caseload and provide case management for clients.
* Maintain timely and appropriate client charts. This will include: Initial Intake Assessment, Initial Treatment Plan, Monthly Follow-up, 90-Day Treatment Plan Review and Progress Notes.
* Maintain close communications with Methadone Counselor Supervisor, Program Manager, Addiction Specialist physician, and other program staff.
* The substance counselors shall be supervised by a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
* Adhere to all State, Federal and Program regulations and procedures regarding methadone treatment.
* Refer clients on an as-needed basis to other community services.
* Develop contracts for problematic clients inclusive of detox and maintenance programs.
* Maintain communication between methadone program and outside agencies when appropriate.
* Communicate clearly and cooperatively with staff and clients.
* Work within program s quality assurance guidelines.
* Participate in professional development training throughout the year; participate in safety training.
* Commit to the provision of culturally competent services.
* Follow established company policies and those outlined in the program policies and employee handbook
* Other duties as assigned.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
* Must hold an active license/certification as an LCPC, LCADC, LGADC, CAC-AD, CSC-AD or ADT
LCPC: Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
* At least 2 years experience as an LCPC
* Clinical experience must be substance abuse related
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.