Substation Design Engineer (Transmission) 6/5/2020
Ameren Services Company
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Ameren Transmission Company is a subsidiary of Ameren Corporation dedicated to electric transmission infrastructure investment, expanding Ameren's already robust transmission system of more than 7,500 circuit miles of high-voltage transmission lines in Illinois and Missouri. We're focused on providing safe, reliable electricity and natural gas today, while developing even better ways to do that in the future. That's our focus - now, and for life.
About The Position
The Substation Design Engineer is responsible for engineering design, project management and technical support for projects relating to new and existing Transmission Substations.
Key responsibilities include:
* Develop engineering solutions, cost estimates, schedules and preliminary designs associated with initial development and budgeting of substation projects.
* Perform detailed design, writing and evaluating material and construction specifications.
* Work with Drafting to direct drawing preparation.
* Perform cost/benefit analysis.
* Responsible for overall project cost and scheduling; coordinate activities related to real estate, purchasing, drafting, construction, operating and related engineering groups associated with projects.
* Provide consulting services to other groups in matters relating to substations and also substation standards development.
* Work closely with engineering firms contracted to perform Ameren Transmission substation design services.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university required. Power option preferred. Master of Science Degree preferred. Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification preferred. Professional Engineer (P.E.) License or commitment to actively pursue one in Illinois and/or Missouri required. Two or more years of experience with substations or related equipment, design, substation operation or maintenance or relay experience preferred. Project management or large project engineering experience is preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good analytical, project management, communications and human relations skills required. Ability to lead and/or work effectively as part of a team. Must be adaptable, flexible and able to handle multiple, concurrent work assignments.
Ameren s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.