Substation Foreman 1/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Great Southwestern Construction, a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc. is currently seeking a Foreman for our substation projects. Great Southwestern has distinguished itself in the electrical construction industry by providing services based on its values of safety, respect, integrity, responsiveness, creativity, initiative and teamwork.
Substation Foreman Duties:
* Provide direct supervision and technical guidance to Linemen, Groundsman and Apprentices (Line Crews) performing maintenance and construction activities on all electrical distribution/transmission lines and associated electrical equipment or substation projects.
* Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization
* Communicate and enforce all safety regulations
* Manage supplies, materials and equipment
* Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of towers, foundations, lines, and other electrical material and equipment used for substation construction projects
* Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work
* Communicate directly with Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required
* Understand and follow detailed construction schedules
* Regular and predictable attendance
* The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable.
* Other duties as assigned
* Must presently be qualified to be a Journeyman Lineman.
* Prior experience as a Foreman, General Foreman or Superintendent highly preferred
* High School graduate or equivalent
* Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work
* Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home
* Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required
* Ability to work at heights up to and above 100 feet preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
* Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
* Must be able to work additional hours
* A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
* Possession of a valid Commercial driver's license Class A preferred.
* Medical insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid vacation
* Paid holiday
Salary is commensurate with experience
Apply at: gswc.us. Complete work history OR resume attachment is a must to be considered for employment. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.