This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/1/2020
END DATE 3/31/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONGreat Southwestern Construction, Inc., a subsidiary of the MYR Group Inc., is looking for substation technicians for substation projects. Positions will travel to projects throughout the project areas.
* Construction and/or maintenance of all structures and substation equipment as directed
* During installation and or maintenance, trouble shoot and correct malfunctions of all substation equipment
* Safe operation of all company and related construction equipment used for substation, transmission and distribution line construction
* Follow company and industry safety protocols within the construction of substations, transmission and distribution line construction
* Any other tasks as directed
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* Completed Journeyman Lineman Apprenticeship
* Prior experience with substation construction
* Ability to travel to project sites as needed; overnight and extended travel is required
* Ability to be out in the elements for long periods of time
* Ability to follow industry standard and company safety protocols
* Ability to read blue prints
* Ability to push, pull, lift, stoop, climb, shovel; work at elevated positions
* Medical insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid vacation
* Paid holiday
Salary commensurate with experience
To apply, visit: www.gswc.us. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.