This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2019
END DATE 9/12/2019
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONBecome Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
* Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
* Health Savings Account
* 401(k) with company match
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
* Vacation Time
* Sick Time
* Paid Personal Days
* Paid Volunteer time
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in the greater Bay Area of San Francisco, California, which includes San Francisco, East Bay, South Bay, and North Bay, we are seeking a Superintendent to work on various project types, including but not limited to high rise residential tower projects, commercial projects, health care projects, life sciences projects, education projects including K-12 (school) and higher education (university). For education projects, previous or current DSA or OSHPD experience, is very helpful for this role. The Superintendent is responsible for all field operations, including the coordination of subcontractors work. Responsible for all field activities associated with the project, including ultimate responsibility for implementation of Safety/Zero Harm program for the job site, supervision of all field construction work by subcontractors and self-performed work. Shares responsibility with the project manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors assistant superintendents and other field personnel.
* Project Financial Responsibilities
* Preconstruction Services
* Project Scheduling (prefer P6 experience)
* Site Logistics Planning
* Project Administration, Operations, and Close-out
* Promote Customer Relations
* Promote Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Ten years or more of commercial construction field experience.
* Five years of direct supervisory experience related to staff and subcontractor management.
* Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
* Ability to read plans and specs.
* Scheduling experience software application (prefer P6 experience).
* Ability to plan and maintain site logistics plans.
* Residential high-rise tower experience.
* DSA or OSHPD experience.
* Previous or current K-12 and/or Higher Education project history (very helpful).
* Commercial construction general contractor backgrounds.
* Previous or current experience working in a commercial construction Superintendent role, highly desired.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm , we are challenging the construction industry s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans. View Company Information
To see other positions, click here..