Superintendent (Construction) 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Superintendent (Construction)
Job TypeFull Time
Weldin Construction is looking for an experienced Superintendent. The Superintendent is responsible for coordinating the site construction schedule, execution plan, and managing subcontractors and personnel as required to successfully complete project on schedule and within budget.
Candidates who reside in SBA designated HUBZone areas will be given special consideration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supervises subcontractors assigned to area of responsibility, provide communications between scopes, planning, monitoring progress to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
* Planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, etc.
* Ensure enough and correct material is onsite to perform the scheduled task.
* Monitor work performance to ensure permanent work installed meets the project specifications, procedures, and safety requirements are compliant.
* Adhere to company safety policies and procedures, EM-385-1-1 policies are adhered to, correct unsafe work activities and unsafe working conditions.
* Coordinate with Project Manager on identifying problems or issues with the construction documents in order to create Requests for Information.
* Manage progress and production through the use of daily production reports and cost reporting.
* Advise project management of potential problems, work interference, schedule difficulties, also assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor s direction.
* Ensuring team requirements for separate functions of DFOW s are completed, Quality Control Manager, Site Safety and Health Officer coordination is occurring, upcoming work planned is known and communicated, submittals are approved, AHA s are approved etc.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum five (5) years of experience as a Supervisor in Construction with a trackable project history and increasing levels of responsibility.
* Working knowledge of the operation of standard construction processes and equipment functions.
* Working knowledge of various construction disciplines, cost control, scheduling, safety regulations, engineering drawings and other documents required.
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to supervise and evaluate subcontractor performance is essential.
* Demonstrate the ability to read, understand and interpret prints, plans and specifications.
* Demonstrate ability and understanding of Three Phases of Control and requirements specific to DoD Construction protocol.
* OSHA training 10 hour/30 hour preferred.
* CQCM training preferred
* DoD Construction experience preferred.
* Must pass background check
* Must pass pre-employment drug screening
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The majority of the work is conducted outdoors. The employee must be able to access and navigate all areas of the construction site in all types of weather.
Salary commensurate with experience: $100-120k
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.