Superintendent Engineer Cut Nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/28/2019
END DATE 1/15/2020
Assist in the planning, developing, implementing, controlling and supervising of all plant maintenance programs to include buildings, equipment, boiler room, refrigeration and waste treatment; coordinate work need to keep plant in operation; establish good lines of communication between mechanical and plant operations; maintain an effective preventative maintenance schedule; and control mechanical inventories. Prepare annual budgets for capital and repair needs; encourage good work habits and promote safety. Develop a staff of competent personnel capable of performing their job requirements satisfactorily.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
* Assist in identifying, developing and implementing maintenance programs or special projects that will result in achieving or exceeding established labor goals by recommending new methods, layouts and/or equipment changes.
* Assist in the planning and developing of short and long range operational method plans that will position Seaboard Foods to capitalize on current and future market conditions with competitive operating cost.
* Assist in the planning, developing and implementing of effective preventative maintenance and crisis management programs in all production departments to minimize downtime and costs.
* Plan, develop and implement a parts inventory control program providing dollar value and status inventory. Control mechanical expenses within established budget and actively pursue cost reduction opportunities in labor, material cost and inventory balance.
* Establish and clearly communicate realistic job requirements for subordinates; provide frequent feedback and review on performance and accurately appraise performance results against communicated expectation.
* Identify training needs (both technical and managerial) for your people which will result in measurable performance improvements if pursued.
* Provide timely and accurate performance information on all aspects of the operations at the plant within area of responsibility to include an explanation of all variances and actions you plan to take to correct the situation.
* Be familiar with OSHA and FSIS regulations and work with FSIS to receive, evaluate and report work needed to keep the plant running in accordance with government requirements
* Defines and recommends objectives in area of responsibility. Develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs. Reviews and makes recommendations on cost control, cost estimates, and manpower and facilities requirements forecasts.
* Coordinates and collaborates with other departments in the facility in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; or 10 years Mechanical Experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals in the English language. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Ability to apply mathematical applications to practical situations.
Ability to estimate the labor required to perform maintenance tasks, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical, diagram, written and/or verbal form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move about the facility. The employee is occasionally required to sit, use hand to finger coordination; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 65 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to cold and/or hot, wet, humid conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanic parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
The hours and days of work are established as needed by operations and at the discretion of management and, while generally as shown below, may be changed (increased or decreased) by management as required.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVIEW: I understand this job description and its requirements; and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand the job functions may be altered by the Company at any time. I have noted below any accommodations that are required to enable me to perform these duties. I have also noted below any job responsibilities or functions, which I am unable to perform, with or without accommodation.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information: