This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/5/2020
END DATE 7/23/2020
North Wind Construction Services
CompanyNorth Wind Construction Services
Job TypeFull Time
North Wind Construction Services is looking for a Superintendent to provide the knowledge, skills and experience required to manage the day-to-day field operations of construction projects. Position will be based out of our Morgantown, WV Regional Office. Project locations will be throughout the Company s Northeast Region. This person will be responsible for the safe and compliant execution of the work scope The Superintendent is accountable for: executing work activities in accordance with the project(s) contract documents, drawings and specifications; ensuring work is performed in a timely and cost-effective manner; and maintaining a work environment that is safe and continuously kept clean and orderly. Moreover, the Superintendent is responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner. The primary focus of the Superintendent is to provide the managerial and leadership skills to accomplish the work by means of subcontractors, self-performance of work and to deliver the project on time, within budget to the highest standards possible with no accidents or injuries.
* Support project preconstruction planning, design and constructability processes by attending planning meetings and participating in value engineering events, design and technical reviews, schedule and estimate reviews.
* Onsite direction and supervision of site activities during construction execution of the project. This includes subcontractors, multi-discipline craft labor and technical staff.
* Determine appropriate method of construction execution, sequencing of activities, work force levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary facilities and controls.
* Define and initiate ordering of project resources through the North Wind procurement and contracts group
* Responsible for jobsite safety compliance in close coordination with the Site Health & Safety officer.
* Prepare daily reports for distribution to North Wind project management and clients as required.
* Monitor and document field changes including design changes (red-line drawings), subcontractor scope and schedule changes, changed conditions and client direction.
* Advise project team / manager of potential problems, work scope interference/growth, or schedule impacts. Engage with the management team to resolve the problem as appropriate.
* Attend periodic project and customer meetings to report progress and discuss issues.
* Track and provide data for project performance metrics.
* Ensure project quality according to design specifications.
* Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
Education, Desired Skills and Training:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred; experience for education may be substituted.
* Six (6) years Superintendent or Construction Management experience required.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience managing Federal government contracts / projects preferred.
* A demonstrated understanding of construction means and methods associated across a wide spectrum of disciplines including civil, mechanical, environmental and construction.
* A working knowledge of all construction trade work.
* Must have strong computer skills. Proficiency with MS Office, email and other software used in the construction industry desired (AutoCad, ARCGIS, Timeberline, MS Project, P6).
* Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 (Preferred) or USACE EM 385-1-1 and First Aid/CPR preferred or must be able to obtain.
* Current Construction Quality Control Management certification preferred.
* A valid drivers' license issued by state of residence and in good standing.
* Extensive experience with bid and proposal package reviews, construction estimates, and estimate verification.
* Will be required to pass facility security clearance investigation on DoD Projects.
* Will be required to pass Background Investigation on DOE and DoJ Projects.
Must be a US Citizen
Greater than 50% Travel Required
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind Construction Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.