Supervisor in San Diego, CA 6/6/2020
Global Medical Response
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUPERVISOR IN SAN DIEGO, CA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Reports To: Manager of Operations
Location: San Diego
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work with the Manager of Operations to ensure that all Support Services Department, Field Personnel, vehicles and equipment operate in an efficient and effective manner. Educate, comply and enforce company policies and procedures. Make managerial decisions affecting the positive outcome of the company s operations and take appropriate disciplinary action when required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Resolve issues/inquiries from field personnel regarding work assignments, vehicles, equipment, etc.
* Respond on an ambulance as part of the EMS system to meet compliance standards and provide quality care.
* Develop coordinated teamwork between field crews as part of an integrated operation clinical performance plan.
* Investigate and resolve incoming customer service inquiries from fire departments, hospitals, nursing staff, and patients pertaining to field employee performance and patient care.
* Approve or disapprove shift exchanges when proper notice of request has been given after normal business hours and forward the changes to the scheduling coordinator.
* Respond as necessary to Haz-Mat calls, calls involving unusual circumstances, or calls with more than two units responding.
* Resolve scheduling conflicts that may occur during shifts to ensure continuation of the highest level of service and forward those changes to the scheduler.
* Maintain knowledge of all company policies and regulations ensuring consistency in interpretation of such when dealing with employees and the general public.
* Maintain an open door policy to field employees and encourage crewmembers to discuss any issues, and make suggestions for improvement.
* Participate with new employee orientation.
* Coordinate with the field training officers and clinical manager to identify clinical opportunities for improvement, and provide follow-up as necessary.
* Act as a liaison between field personnel, Manager of Operations, and the General Manager.
* Oversee day-to-day operations, resolving daily issues that may arise. Support and encourage field personnel, ensuring the standards of Ambulance are carried out in the field.
* Oversee Investigations and Employee Performance issues.
* Oversee employee uniform accounts
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent, Paramedic Certification preferred
Minimum of three years of experience as an EMT or Paramedic.
Knowledge and Skills:
Effective oral and written communication skills, Strong reasoning skills.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled