Supervisor, Operations 8/4/2020
Encompass Digital Media
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUPERVISOR, OPERATIONS
LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
POSITION TYPE: FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
ENCOMPASS IS A GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY SERVICES COMPANY FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING BROADCAST, CABLE AND DIGITAL LEADERS. WE DESIGN, IMPLEMENT AND OPERATE RELIABLE VIDEO SOLUTIONS THAT CAPTURE, PROCESS AND DELIVER OUR CLIENTS VIDEO CONTENT FROM ANY SOURCE, IN ANY FORMAT, TO ANY DESTINATION IN THE MOST EFFICIENT MANNER POSSIBLE.
* The Supervisor, Operations provides technical support to the Network Operations Management team and Broadcast Coordinators. Ensures that quality technical service is provided twenty-four hours a day and that all procedures of the network/ area are executed. Maintains daily technical operations needs and assists with staff management within Network Operations.
* Ensures that specified technical procedures and company policies are being satisfied.
* Responsible for maintenance of operations-based server functions including maintaining server space, purging inactive material, and general media management.
* Prioritizes daily Media needs.
* Assists in managing the Broadcast Coordinator staff; to include scheduling, training, and disciplinary action, etc.
* Assists with technical training initiatives to ensure all staff members have an understanding of systems and hardware within Network Operations.
* Responsible for patching, routing, transcoding and operating pertinent equipment in the Network Operations area.
* Assists with creating SOP for new processes and workflows.
* Reports all on-air discrepancies promptly to Manager and Senior Managers
* Able to perform Live On-Air duties in relation to event/operator coverage, when necessary.
* Assumes day to day operations for networks and provides management support in the absence of their fellow managers.
* Other duties as may be assigned.
* Minimum of 4 years experience in a Master Control or Broadcast environment.
* Technical proficiency and operational knowledge of all systems and hardware within network environment.
* Must have ability to deploy staff in strategic manner to support high profile and live events.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which includes nights, weekends and holidays.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* Operational management experience, preferred
* Bachelor s Degree in related field, preferred
ENCOMPASS DIGITAL MEDIA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. M/F/DISABILITY/VETERAN