Supervisor - Printer Assembly 8/25/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Company
Markem-Imaje is a wholly owned subsidiary of the US-based Dover Corporation and is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, 6 technology centers, several equipment repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Job Summary / Mission:
In addition to their functional role as Production Assembly supervisor, they are responsible for setting manufacturing schedules, assigning daily work priorities and comply with standard operating procedures as well as company safety guidelines, in order to meet customer demand.
Common Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
1. People Management - Provide clear direction and understanding of goals. Assign tasks, check work at frequent intervals, and maintain schedules. Develop a skilled, versatile, competent team who are capable of meeting company objectives. Promote flexibility by developing and expanding skills of team members. Monitor objectives and measure achievement level regularly. Demonstrate leadership to ensure the team is focused, performing and motivated to obtain full commitment.
2. Leading Change utilizing Lean Manufacturing principles, displays the energy and drive to be pro-active, learn skills in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
3. Is a decision maker and problem solver utilizing continuous improvement principles.
5. Budgeting - Assist manager with the development of department goals and budget.
6. Reporting Activities - Define key performance indicators (KPI) for the department to support those of the global organization. Ensure the KPI's are properly managed, reported and analyzed.
7. Quality focus. Able to work well with cross functional department, quality, manufacturing engineer, process engineering, material planning groups.
8. Rules, Regulations and Procedures - Follows policies and procedures that conform to corporate practice. Implement safe working practices, equipment and work environments in accordance to company policy and local geography's laws and regulations. Ensure all local regulations and rules are properly implemented and followed.
9. Continuous Improvement - Develop use of Continuous Improvement techniques, 6s, and Lean Manufacturing principles to achieve operational excellence, strong visuals, and efficiency. Understanding of Kan Ban and pull systems. Drive customer and internal operational centered improvements. Ensure consistency through best practice and communication.
10. Small project management related to assigned department using Continuous Improvement principles.
11. Flexible work hours to accommodate multiple shifts. Core working hours are 6 am - 3pm.
Other Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Oversee proper execution by assembly team according to standards (SOP's) and job safety requirements
2. Responsible for providing thorough job related training to assembly team; able to learn and train employees to systems
3. Confer with head department to resolve production related issues
4. Provide input on operator's performance
5. Complete production logs and required reporting
6. Implement plans for facility modification or expansion, such as equipment purchase or changes in space allocation or structural design
7. Clean and maintain work area.
8. Proposes any identified improvement in the activity scope
9. Maintain material supply level adhering to just in time manufacturing principles
10. Proper document management.
11. Oversees tool calibration program and chemical compliance for department.
12. Other duties and tasks as assigned or directed
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Experience in mechanical, hydraulic or electronics fields
Knowledge & Skills:
* Knowledge of continuous improvement tools
* Expert knowledge of operating systems as they pertain to department responsibilities: Excel, Charts, MRP systems.
* Customer and quality service focused
* Expert knowledge of inventory control theory and practice
* Good written and oral communication skills and training skills
Work Conditions or Specific constraints:
* Comply with company safety guidelines
* Maintains high level of integrity and behaves in accordance with Markem-Imaje core values
* Demonstrates personal integrity and ethical conduct
* Demonstrates personal drive and resiliency
* Good interpersonal and team building skills
Keene, New Hampshire is a small college-town where you'll find a charming downtown Main Street teeming with shops, restaurants and a retro movie theater. Employees also enjoy a great range of outdoor activities close by such as skiing and hiking.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law..