Supervisor, Quality Control 8/20/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Quality Control Supervisor will be responsible for planning, organizing and overseeing activities of a Quality Control area. You will be responsible for safe flow of analytical operations (testing and evaluation) to ensure conformance to MilliporeSigma Corporate quality standards (ISO and cGMP), productivity goals, and customer requirements.
* Prepare operational and capital budgets
* Act as a resource to customers, vendors, affiliates and employees
* Ensure work practices are safe and in compliance with company guidelines, industry practice and government regulations while meeting all quality expectations
* Ensure that employees are trained in all safety, PPE, regulatory, ISO, cGMP and MilliporeSigma QMS (Quality Management) procedures
* Monitors workflow and sets priorities to ensure timely processing of items through work area, consistent with departmental goals
* Schedules staffing to accomplish tasks
* Review and release of final products
* Provides resources to address problems with assays and equipment
* Provides technical advice to resolve analytical issues
* Makes recommendations for capital equipment and operational budgets. Handles confidential company information properly
* Provides adequate resources for employees to develop skills by providing internal and external training opportunities
* Keep accurate and timely documentation of employee performance, along with timely feedback and regular 1:1 meetings. Responsible for maintaining confidential information of employees
* Prepare and modify specifications, methods, certificates of analysis and information to be sent to customers and exchanged with affiliates
* Assist in the investigation of customer complaints
* Provide due dates and projections for commercial team
* In compliance with change control procedures, supervise the investigation of new or improved analytical methods or inquiry about product technical data.
* Review changes for impact on customers overall cost vs. benefit
* Maintain and improve our QMS (Quality Management Systems), safety, ISO 9001 and cGMP practices
* Review, revise and approve ISO 9001 procedures; oversee proper handling of test results supporting documentation for cGMP procedures
* Review area and test/recommend changes to increase productivity
Who you are:
* Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline (i.e. Chemistry, Biotechnology, etc.)
* 3+ years' experience in Analytical Chemistry
* 3+ years of progressive project experience working with people
* 3+ years demonstrated leadership ability in a supervisory, coaching and training experience for complex and technical work in a chemistry field
* Master's degree or PhD in Chemistry
* Previous demonstrated leadership ability, including excellent communication skills both verbally and written
* Advanced technical knowledge in chemistry (emphasis on analytical and organic) combined with strong business aptitude and ability to apply risk-benefit analysis
* Understanding of ISO and cGMP quality standards
* Ability to solve problems and coach others in problem-solving situations
* PC literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to function and delegate in a high volume, high data environment with challenging priorities
* Good interpersonal skills and be able to perform in stressful situations
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.