This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/2/2019
END DATE 1/23/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Stockyards Supervisor will provide day-to-day leadership and management for all Production employees at the Seaboard Foods Guymon Processing Plant. Establish means and methods to insure all Production employees perform job functions correctly and safely. Ensure production outputs are met, adhere to company policies and procedures, and responsible for employee performance and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following: (other duties may be assigned)
* Provide the day-to-day leadership and management production employees in department.
* Assigns, directs and monitors work.
* Ensure all new hires and existing employees perform their jobs safely, correctly and with the highest level of quality and ability.
* Responsible for meeting established production targets, quality and yield standards.
* Communicate daily expectations, direction and instructions and provide on going feedback to employees. Communicate any changes in policies or procedures as needed.
* Develop collaborative working relationship with all departments in the Plant.
* Complete all reports accurately and timely.
* Adhere to all safety procedures, accident investigation analysis, conduct departmental safety meetings, and utilize equipment provided for employee protection.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: 2 or 4 year college degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years of meat packaging experience, preferably in the pork industry. Prior supervisory experience is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents in the English language such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Ability to perform necessary calculations for completion of production paperwork.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters utilizing company policies and procedures and directions from upper managemen
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually at a level wear OSHA required hearing protection is required.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Must be available to work A,B or C shift when need or as assigned.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Visit the following URL for ore information: