Supervisor, Warehouse 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
The Warehouse/Shipping Supervisor directly supervises
and coordinates all activities in the warehouse /
shipping department to maximize productivity on assigned
shifts and areas. This includes planning, assigning and
directing work, addressing product and employee
complaints, and resolving problems. This person carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
Company s policies, OSHA regulations and applicable
* Supervises all phases of shipping and/or warehouse
operations including shipping schedules, loading
operations and material handling activities.
* Monitor and evaluate warehouse layout, racking,
forklifts and all other warehouse equipment to
ensure operational performance, utilization and
workplace safety. Creates SOPs as needed.
* Maintain chep and heat treated pallet balances.
* Maintain accurate product inventory control; perform
monthly inventory reconciliation reports to
* Control all inbound/outbound shipments to ensure
timely, accurate and complete customer orders while
meeting Saputo bio-security standards. Maintain
appointment log and communicate with carriers.
* Maintain and review all shipping/receiving records,
including BOLs, receipts, freight bills, invoices.
* Prepare weekly management reports and participate in
the plant management meetings.
* Monitor forklift activities and maintenance, hold
and return procedures, storage maintenance and
warehouse sanitation and appearance.
* Lead problem solving efforts in the warehouse
through the facilitation of team meetings and on the
* Ensure consistent application of company policies
and procedures. Support employee progressive
disciplinary action activities in partnership with
* Promote safety programs and policies in order to
reduce the number of safety incidents and
near-misses. This shall include involvement and
leadership in the plant safety committee.
* May participate in the interviewing and selection of
applicants for vacant positions.
* Practice and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices,
and housekeeping to ensure the quality of the
* Communicate and interact effectively with plant
management departments, production planning, sister
plants, and all levels of management to ensure the
smooth operation of the shipping and receiving
* Maintains inventory and product loss control,
coordinates timely and accurate shipping and
receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines
* Ensures proper procedures are in place and being
followed for production efficiency, quality of
product, employee safety, and state and federal
* Recommends improvements to reduce cost and drive
productivity within the department while achieving
the targeted Sales to Service Goals.
* Provides supervision of assigned employees in
scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective
selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action
and performance management. If a collective
bargaining agreement exists, may participate
grievances or other contract related activities and
* Trains and instructs employees in regard to work
performed in shipping and warehouse. Oversees
instruction, implementation and enforcement of
policies as they relate to employees.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager
requiring planning, evaluating, organizing,
integrating and delegating.
* Adhere to the Saputo code of ethics and actively
apply the Saputo values.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree preferred, or a minimum of 2 years
plant warehouse experience.
* Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Experience leading and following Safety/Security
Policies and Procedures.
* Must be able to become certified and licensed to
train and operate electric and/or propane mobile
equipment (stand-up, sit-down, reach, walking types
* Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality
Policies and Procedures, and report and follow
through on any deficiencies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and
computer-based applications. WMS applications
experience a plus.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and
operational needs; ability to lead others through
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization and prioritization, and
attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to
work across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate,
develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary
* Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.