Supply Base Commodity Manager 5/2/2020
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
You are a focused, motivated and detail-oriented Supply Base Commodity Manager who has a preferred minimum of 3-5 years prior relevant experience.
You will be responsible for supporting the global materials organization in defining, developing and executing global strategies to achieve best in class results in lead time, cost reduction, quality, on-time delivery, supplier and component qualifications, and inventory turns for Citrix Systems. You should be experienced with EMS systems, predictive should cost models, cost reduction strategies, global commodity sourcing, supplier selection criteria, and supplier managed Inventory (SMI). You should handle tactical and strategic issues and opportunities concurrently, while effectively working at all levels of the Supply Chain. In this opportunity you will be working cross-functionally with team members in our worldwide operating facilities and with our worldwide strategic partners and suppliers.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements activities related to the timely and cost-effective procurement of materials.
- Ensures the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at minimum acceptable levels.
- Executes the procurement of components, systems, and equipment and services to support MFG operations.
- Develops commodity roadmaps and cost reduction strategies
- Negotiates contracts and quarterly pricing
- Monitors life cycle of components and develops mitigation plans to ensure supply continuity.
- Evaluate components and interrupt data sheets for product applications or substitutions.
- Manages critical commodities for adoption of technological advancement, cost reduction and management of market driven supply conditions.
- Familiarity with data entry and SAP processes related to Materials management
- Excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge of BIRST business Intelligent platform
- PLM life cycle systems.
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to Multi task and pay attention to details
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master s degree with 3 years; or a PhD without experience.
In other words, if you have the skills and experience and we just described you, then we d love to talk!
What you re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do including how we work. If you re driven, passionate and curious, we invite you to make a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
Functional Area:Supplier Commodity Mgmt
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.