Supply Chain Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/4/2019
END DATE 3/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis internship is a part of CONMED TALENT LAUNCH a hands on, immersive program designed to provide students with the exposure, experience and development needed to launch a successful career at CONMED. Program highlights include networking with senior leaders and recent college graduates, feedback and coaching, cross-functional shadowing opportunities, and more!
At CONMED, our Integrated Global Sourcing Team works throughout the supply chain to deliver exceptional results for global teams and operations, ultimately ensuring that our products are accessible to our health care customers around the world. We are seeking a driven supply chain or business management student with strong critical thinking and execution abilities to join the team for an internship during Summer 2020.
As an intern, you will learn alongside supply chain professionals through hands on work in purchasing, planning and supply management in a regulated production environment. You will work with LEAN inventory tools, order processing tools, warehouse management programs and quality systems and procedures. You will develop operations business acumen through conducting analyses such as cost savings, return on investment calculations and supplier rationalization activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for a supply chain or business management student seeking a robust internship within a growing international medical device company based out of Utica, NY, with multiple manufacturing and design sites across the US.
THE INTERN S RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Issue purchase orders to approved suppliers to obtain materials, etc. at the lowest cost, consistent with quality, reliability of source and urgency of need in accordance with company policies, procedures, government laws and regulations
* Interface with other departments, divisions and vendors, etc. to complete assignments, answer questions, resolve problems
* Analyze quotations received, select, recommend suppliers where orders are to be placed and schedule deliveries
* Supervise preparation of orders, follow up orders to expedite delivery and shipment. Propose and generate supplier performance dashboards, as required
* Complete reports, maintain files, logs, lists, etc. and complete required paperwork
This internship position requires a driven and responsible team player who can think creatively while keeping business objectives front of mind. If you enjoy solving complex business problems, negotiation, and navigating logistics challenges and opportunities, we invite you to apply for consideration!
* Pursing completion of a bachelor s or master s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or a related field
* Must be available to work onsite out of the Utica, NY facility, Monday Friday throughout the summer internship program (late May late August 2020)
KEY WORDS: Supply Chain, Logistics, Advanced Manufacturing, Intern, Internship, Medical Device, Med Device, LEAN Manufacturing, Utica, Central New York, Upstate New York, Mohawk Valley
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent healthcare including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
* Short & long term disability plus life insurance -- cost paid fully by CONMED
* Retirement Savings Plan (401K) -- company match dollar for dollar up to 7% Employee stock purchase plan -- allows stock purchases at discounted price.Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate level courses
CONMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer & an Affirmative Action Employer. CONMED is a strong advocate of workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at 800-325-5900 option #3.