Supply Chain Transformation IT Distribution Lead 8/21/2020
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring a Supply Chain Transformation IT Distribution Lead in Boston, MA.
The Supply Chain Transformation (SCT) is re-designing, building, and implementing the new way of ensuring our products get to the docks of our Customers and into the hands of our Drinkers. This will be a 2-3-year journey to bring processes, skill sets, tools and systems to the hands of all our Supply Chain team members. We are looking for the right mix of energy, skills, experience, and drive to complete this journey with the highest of quality.
The Supply Chain Transformation Distribution Lead, facilitates technology efforts with business stakeholders and IT leaders on medium and long-term business strategies, ensuring that IT activities and business strategies are closely aligned.
Acts as liaison between senior business management and IT staff to ensure alignment on technology project selection based upon business best practices, costs, and alignment to company and supply chain strategy. Ensures that business requirements are well understood throughout IT and external partners.
Ensure that IT strategies are well understood by the business.
Helps define complex business analysis and design focusing on quality, process improvement and/or re-engineering.
Demonstrates advanced understanding of business processes, environments, and problems/solutions as they relate to the organization s current and future strategic and technical environment.
Helps leadership to ensure that the business does not try to plug or fill process gaps through systems.
Works with SCT leadership to drive the importance that the business on shares ownership and responsibility of the design, testing, data integrity and maintenance of functional tools and system.
What You\'ll Do:
* Understands, balances, and manages pillar, program, and supply chain internal and external customer expectations
* Works closely with business and IT leaders to collect and manage medium to long-term business demands for technology, determining action plans and recommendations for investment levels needed to meet and support best practices while remaining quality and cost focused
* Builds partnerships and relationships with supporting business areas, the IT team and with external partners to foster equilibrium between process and system driven solutions
* Establish alignment with internal and external technology project leaders across the pillar and program to define the technology current state, future state, and proper path forward
* Focuses on objectives and methods of the business work process and assists in determining approaches needed to implement major changes/opportunities driving towards best practices for each area/function.
* Ties future IT and business strategies together to result in a supply chain competitive advantage
* Articulates the role of technology in terms easily understood and grasped by business coworkers
* Understands and explains the relationship between business best practice processes and technology
* Performs extensive research, works with other areas to create and deliver formal feasibility studies, project proposals, and recommendations to support supply chain and company-wide direction and strategies
* Participates in workflow analysis in support of requirements definitions, requiring process documentation for final technology build, test and sign-off
* Sets clear expectations for the business on required engagement in design, build, and especially testing of all technology and systems while balancing for project delivery
* Accurately quantifies project specific risks throughout the development lifecycle
* Understands the basic principles of information security risk and data models
* Ensures relevant service level agreements, system maintenance/update plans are documented and communicated
* Participates in the documentation and communication of changes to come, the testing, implementation and training on the best practices and tools
* Works collaboratively across matrixed organizations, multiple projects, and with implementation partners
* Proactively communicates any foreseen hurdles, barriers, or complications to the process and technology implementation or the path forward
What We\'re Looking For:
* Bachelor s degree Degreed area of focus from Supply Chain, Information Systems or Engineering
* Minimum of 10-15 years of progressive supply chain process management and information technology management, preferable within the food and beverage industry
* Demonstrated process and project management capabilities
* Proven track record of learning, driving, and implementing good business processes and supporting IT solutions
* Proven track record in driving continuous improvements within areas of responsibility, delivering sustained results and embedded behaviors
* Proven success in leading and delivering required results with complex cross functional teams
* Working knowledge of distribution solutions (ex. SAP OM/O2C, Manhattan, JDA, SAP WMS, etc.)
* Demonstrated experience in driving company strategy by balancing business and IT requirements
* Problem solving and decision making
* Strong data analysis/analytics
* Knowledge of a formal continuous improvement methodology/set of principles (ex. Lean, TPM, TPS, Six Sigma)
* Strong verbal and written communications
* Negotiation skills
* Indirect influencing
* Business acumen
Our people are our most important ingredient. We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, there s the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.