Supply Network Analyst, CO 1/9/2020
Danone North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Supply Network Analyst, CO in Broomfield, Colorado.
The Supply Network Analyst, SNA, manages the order fulfillment process and drives service delivery across the entire customer base. They are responsible for managing the global available to promise (gATP) process committing available inventory to customer orders. The Supply Network Analyst collaborates between Supply Chain and Sales to deliver promotions, launch seasonal and new items and manage sensitive product allocation events. They are responsible for reporting and analysis of service delivery metrics and supply chain performance.
SUPPLY PLANNING & ORDER FULFILLMENT MANAGEMENT
* Manages the order fulfillment process through daily review of customer orders against the available network inventory and determines strategy for managing shortfalls
* Drives communication with planning team and production facilities to optimally manage customer demand
* Collaborates with brand and sales team to prioritize order fulfillment against promotion calendars, seasonal items and new item distribution
* Identifies opportunities, develops and implements efficiencies for improving the order fulfillment process.
* Determine mitigation strategies to resolve inventory shortfalls by identifying opportunities to improve order fill with resupply movements, moving customer orders to alternate shipping locations or allocating available inventory across customer orders
* Manage large scale service interruptions by strategically partnering with the brand and planning teams to position inventory against company priorities to manage supply and demand throughout the distribution network.
* Monitors and tracks stock transfer movements to manage supply network disruptions
* Monitors service performance and drives service improvement by analyzing root cause, recommending and implementing improvements to advance service performance.
PRODUCTIVITY & PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
* Identifies opportunities to innovate, improve service and/or reduce cost. Analyzes opportunities, develops recommendations and implements process improvements that deliver results.
* Drives cross functional collaboration with Supply Chain, Customer and Field Sales to achieve supply chain efficiencies.
* Develops and maintains process and procedure documentation.
* Develops and maintains training content; plans and provides training to new hires.
* Maintains master data supporting the order fulfillment processes
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (REQUIREMENTS):
* SAP experience preferred
* Bachelor s Degree required. (3-5 years relevant experience and/or 1-3 years internal experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
* 2 - 4 years of CPG business system experience in related area within IT, Customer Service, Logistics, Supply Chain or Sales preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: * In-depth knowledge of customer supply chain operations as well as familiarity with all systems that integrate with the order fulfillment process.
* Capacity to comfortably interact with all levels of the business and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to apply a disciplined, logical and comprehensive approach to problem solving
* High degree of initiative and ownership
* Strong attention to detail for both accuracy and content
* Judgment to resolve issues with the appropriate sense of urgency including ability to provide after standard business hours support
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including the ability to translate technical information to a broad end user community
* Skill set which allows one to both identify an issue and implement the solution while working as part of a team or as an individual contributor
* Ability to maintain productivity and professionalism while under pressure to meet strict deadlines and balance multiple priorities
* Ability to develop work instructions, training material and presentations
* Advanced Excel skills preferred
NON ESSENTIAL: * APICS certification preferred
* Knowledge of OpenText and OmPrompt preferred
* EDI transaction knowledge and processing experience preferred
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com.
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Network, Supply, ERP, Field Sales, QA, Technology, Operations, Sales, Quality