Supply Technician 5/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
ALBANY, GA - Albany, GA US (Primary)
High School Diploma
Logistics Support Services
VSE Corporation is seeking (Supply Technician) for our location in Albany, GA.
This position performs limited aspects of technical supply management work (e.g., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, and property utilization) related to depot, local, or other supply activities. Work usually is segregated by commodity area or function, and controlled in terms of difficulty, complexity, or responsibility. Assignments usually relate to stable or standardized segments of technical supply management operations; or to functions or subjects that are narrow in scope or limited in difficulty. The work generally involves individual case problems or supply actions. This work may require consideration of program requirements together with specific variations in or from standardized guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Perform Inventory Management functions
* Perform inventory management/control for storage and distribution support associated with MCLC s wholesale distribution operation.*
* Recommend stock levels required for non-recurring, specialized items based on usage, inventory, project demands, seasonal demands, changing customer needs and projected depletions.*
* Plan, organize, schedule and conduct material inventories.*
Perform stock issue functions
* Coordinate transfer of Depot Level Repairs (DLR) and Principle End Items (PEI) to the Maintenance Center or Commercial Repair Facilities as required for repair.*
Perform requirement processing functions
* Ensure consistency and appropriate cross-referencing for both newly entered and previously entered data.*
* Input screening requests into FEDLOG to obtain logistics data on existing national stock numbers. *
* Conduct research of catalog databases to locate cost effective, available substitutes and new products.*
Receive incoming material
* Conduct causative research on NSN mismatches and correct data within the GCSS-MC and/or DPAS database.*
Perform Data entry functions
* Verify data accuracy to all related property records.*
* Review property record adjustments for accuracy and completeness.*
* Prepare and process daily Recurring Status Report, Receipt Exception Listing, and Inbound Receipt Report.*
* Input receipt, issues, inventory and shipping documents into GCSS-MC and/or DPAS database.*
* Essential function.
* High school diploma with two years of relevant experience
* Ability to use GCSS-MC and DPAS
* This position requires a Current Secret Clearance and the ability to pass a position specific physical for munitions handling and munitions supplies
* Must be able to pass background check and MCLB Base Access Clearance
* Valid Driver License required to Operate Forklifts and other equipment
* Must be able to favorably complete SF 85P review and Marine Corps screening.
* The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
* a Current Secret Clearance and the ability to pass a position-specific physical for munitions handling and munitions supplies
*Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Think Analytically, Observe/Examine Details, Concentrate on Tasks, Effective Verbal Communication, Remember Details, Adjust to Changes, Effective Written Communication, Interpret Data, Handle Stress/Emotions, Make Decisions, Discriminate Colors
Regular Attendance, Attend Meetings, Use Math/Calculations, Maintain Work Schedule, Meet Deadlines, Stay Organized, Keyboard/Type, Operate Equipment
Stand, Kneel, Sit, Crouch, Repetitive Motion, Walk, Crawl, Eye/Hand Coordination, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Reach,, Push or Pull, Talk, Lifting Up to 50 Pounds, Balance, Hear, Carrying Up to 50 Pounds, Bend, See, Stoop
Mechanical Hazards, Electrical Hazards, Sharp Objects/Tools, Dust/Dirt, Chemical Hazards, Heavy Machinery, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Radiant Energy Hazards, Moving Parts, Humid, Noise, Extreme Temperatures Travel
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative? Action Employer. VSE considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.