Support Aide 8/21/2020
Elderwood at Wheatfield
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Elderwood at Wheatfield is Hiring PT Support Aides!
Support Aide team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing resident-related support services. Interest in entry into the 100 hour Nurse Aide Training Program will be evaluated during this time for team members pursuing certification.
The perks as a Support Aide with Elderwood at Wheatfield:
* Brand New Shift Differential Rates!
* Competitive wages!
* Internal Referral Bonus Program that allows you and your referral to earn extra money!
* An excellent benefits package; including health, dental, and vision coverage!
* Education and Tuition Assistance Programs, 401k, paid vacations and holidays, and much more.
Shift: PT 6:00am - 2:00pm, Including every other weekend
2:00pm-10:00pm, Including every other weekend
10:00 pm - 6:00 am, Including every other weekend
* Transport residents or accompanies ambulatory residents as assigned to various locations in the building including the dining room, activity program areas, therapy or treatment areas.
* Make unoccupied resident beds, as assigned.
Assist in the Dining Room with food service to residents, under the direction of licensed therapy staff; duties include passing trays, cutting meat, opening cartons or other containers.
Distribute supplemental nourishments to residents who do not need to be fed, as directed.
Conduct informal activities on the nursing unit when time permits, as directed.
Supply fresh water in resident's rooms, as directed.
Prepare bed and bedwear of resident's at hour of sleep, as assigned.
Help keep general areas of the assigned nursing unit neat and orderly, as directed.
Clean resident's equipment (wheelchair/geri chair, bed, etc.), as assigned.
Keep the rooms of residents orderly, as assigned.
Notify therapist of any unusual incidents regarding residents.
* Sixteen (16) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent required.
* Employment Certificate/Permit required for 16-17 years of age.
* No findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment and misappropriation of property through any current or previous licensing agency.
Elderwood at Wheatfield is a 123 bed skilled nursing facility (SNF) offering a unique campus setting. This campus also includes an assisted living facility and an independent living community. We believe we have an excellent location with the right amount of seclusion and accessibility featuring a beautiful courtyard and an established reputation within the community for providing exceptional care! Our services and programs include Cardiac Rehab, Oncology, Orthopedic Rehab, SMARTS Express Care, and Wound Care; as well as Specialty Programs including Palliative Care, Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care.
Close to thruway entrances/exits, Employee of the Month recognition, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Increased Wages, Monthly employee appreciation events, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Strong leadership, Substantial employee referral program, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Tuition reimbursement program
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.