Surgical Technologist - Labor & Delivery 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BEGIN YOUR STORY WHERE BEAUTIFUL BEGINS...
At Bryan, we are a governed nonprofit health system with over 5,000 team members. Our highly skilled team, innovative treatments and technology, award-winning network of doctors, quality and compassionate care remain steadfast in the care we provide every day.
We are looking to add a compassionate, safety focused, organized Surgical Technologist to our Labor & Delivery team. The Surgical Technologist will provide exceptional patient care, have solid organizational skills, able to carry out tasks effectively with minimal supervision and committed to delivering the highest quality health care to our expectant mothers, tiniest of patients (our new babies) and their families.
ABOUT THE ROLE
While providing health care interventions and support to our patients and surgeons, the Surgical Technician will perform surgical scrub duties, maintain sterile techniques for all surgical procedures, assist the perioperative nurse with patient care, as well as prepare the operating room, equipment and instruments for labor and delivery while maintaining aseptic techniques.
YOUR ROLE WOULD ENCOMPASS:
* Committing to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
* Functioning in the scrub role by preparing, organizing, and anticipating needed instruments, supplies, and equipment for safe patient care and operative procedure.
* Defining and practicing aseptic technique and infection control principles as they apply to the OR.
* Safely and efficiently passes surgical instruments and supplies in the operating room (OR) and labor and delivery room (LDR); properly identifies, preserves and manages tissue and fluid specimens and cultures.
* Managing supplies, instruments and equipment appropriately according to Medical Center procedure.
* Assisting the nurse in perioperative care of the patient including transporting and positioning; counts/preps surgical instruments and supplies.
* Delivering medications (drugs or biologicals) received in the surgical suite to the appropriate operating room via case cart or medication cart.
* Handling and preparing medication for use on the sterile field in the operating room under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and physician.
* Participating in unit-based activities, staff meetings, and committees.
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES (PROVEN PERFORMANCE IN):
* Working as a Surgical Technologist in a fast-paced setting
* Graduating from a Surgical Technology program - required
* Obtaining a Surgical Tech Certification - desired
* Certification in Basic Life Support (CPR) - required
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.