Surgical Technologist - Operating Rooms 6/3/2020
Virginia Mason Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Number: 200795
Department: Operating Rooms - Seattle
Monday -Friday plus call, Days, 10 hour shifts - Sign-on Bonus!
The Surgical Technician provides technical assistance to the surgeon intraoperatively by scrubbing, setting up, and maintaining a sterile field for surgical procedures; assembling instruments and equipment; preparing medications for use at the sterile field; and functioning as a member of the surgical team.
Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients.
* Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
* Current registration with the State of Washington as a Surgical Technician.
* Also required are: working knowledge of anatomy and physiology; working knowledge of pharmacology and medical terminology; understanding of instrumentation and equipment; skill in establishing and maintaining a sterile field; skill in draping a patient.
* Excellent communication skills.
* The ability to act as a member of the team.
* The ability to anticipate the needs of a surgeon and patient.
* The ability to operate effectively in emergency and stressful situations.
* Ability to take night and/or weekend call required.
* Ability to independently lift up to 20 pounds.
* Grasping and manual dexterity required to hand and/or finger items frequently (sometimes continuously).
* Able to maintain a retracted position for up to one hour.
* Clear visual and auditory acuity with or without accomodation required to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Extensive walking, sitting, standing, lifting, stretching, and bending required (the staff member is expected to use, demonstrate, and teach good body mechanics.)
* Ability to move equipment using a wheeled cart.
Just as Virginia Mason is dedicated to improving the lives of our patients and our community, we are equally dedicated to your professional and personal success. With a wide range of perks that includes a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to live in one of the most livable cities in the nation, you will find that an opportunity with Team Medicine is one worth taking.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer..