Surgical Technologist, Sr - Angleton Danbury Campus - 70884 5/5/2020
The University of Texas Medical Branch
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MIN QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of a Surgical Technologist program. Five years of related experience. Must have certification as a surgical technologist.
Senior Surgical Technologist provides advanced level technical assistance to the surgical team before, during, and following surgery. Expertly assists in surgical operations under the supervision of the surgeons and registered nurses to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that the equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
* Checks supplies and equipment for the surgical procedure.
* Scrubs in the prescribed manner and dons sterile gown and gloves.
* Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants.
* Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts, assist in positioning, skin preparation and draping of patient.
* Passes instruments required during surgery to the surgeon.
* Maintains the highest standard of sterile technique during the procedure.
* Clean and prepare surgical instruments for terminal sterilization.
* Assumes accountability in maintaining tray inventory after each surgical case.
6:45a - 3:15 with OR call requirement
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 70884