Sustaining Design Engineer, Cooper Lighting Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/1/2020
END DATE 4/15/2020
Signify North America Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE
Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a Sustaining Design Engineer at Cooper Lighting Solutions is dynamic. You ll be responsible for designing lighting fixtures that meet or exceed customer expectations, product performance and aesthetic benchmarks as established by our Marketing and leadership teams while also conforming to all regulatory requirements. The Sustaining Design Engineer will be responsible to translate these designs into a set of engineering drawings and work with the Marketing, Program management, procurement, and manufacturing teams leading to successful commercial launch of the programs.
WHAT YOU LL DO
* PRODUCT DESIGN, PART DETAILING, PROTOTYPE PROCUREMENT FOR LUMINAIRES FROM PRELIMINARY CONCEPT THROUGH IMPLEMENTATION INTO MANUFACTURING FOR LED PRODUCTS. THE ENGINEER WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK ON BOTH NEW PRODUCT CONCEPTS AS WELL AS REFINEMENTS ON EXISTING PRODUCT LINES
* PROTOTYPE ASSEMBLY AND TESTING FOR NEW PRODUCTS AND DESIGN IMPROVEMENTS
* DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT CUSTOM PRODUCT, MOUNTING, AND OPTIONS THAT CONFORM TO COOPER LIGHTING ENGINEERING AND SAFETY STANDARDS
* WORK WITH ALL STAKEHOLDERS TO ENSURE THAT FINAL PRODUCT DESIGN MEETS PHOTOMETRIC, COSMETIC, OPTICAL, ELECTRICAL, MECHANICAL, COST, SAFETY AND OPTIONS REQUIREMENTS
* LEAD MEETINGS, DESIGN REVIEWS & TOLLGATE REVIEWS ON PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT WITH AN EMPHASIS ON SAFETY, QUALITY, BUDGET AND SCHEDULE
* ACCURATELY CREATE BILL OF MATERIALS, DRAWINGS, AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR VENDORS AND MANUFACTURING. MAINTAIN ALL PRODUCT DOCUMENTATION IN ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS
* ASSIST IN TRAINING KEY ASSEMBLY, PLANNING, SALES, CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PURCHASING PERSONNEL ON NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS
WHAT YOU LL NEED
* BACHELOR S DEGREE IN ENGINEERING, ACCOUNTING, MATHEMATICS, ECONOMICS, FINANCES OR MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY
* MINIMUM 2 YEARS PRODUCT AND MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE
* MINIMUM 2 YEARS OF STRONG MRP FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE EXPERIENCE INCLUDING APPLICATIONS TECHNOLOGY AND DATA ARCHITECTURE
* EFFECTIVE VERBAL & WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS TO INTERFACE WITH MANAGERS, VENDORS, CUSTOMERS AND PEERS
MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT CURRENT OR FUTURE COMPANY SPONSORSHIP NEED
ABOUT COOPER LIGHTING SOLUTIONS
We question, we seek, and we solve. Because building a better world means asking tough questions and pushing harder for answers. Together with our customers, we create solutions that build a better world. At Cooper Lighting Solutions, we push past the ordinary to build brighter.
WHAT WE PROMISE
We re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Any and all information you share with us as part of your application procedure will be assessed during the application process
Please be informed that unless our vacancy explicitly references a third party recruitment agency, Signify does not engage with third-party agencies. Applications should be made directly to our career site.
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.