SVP, Institution Services Business Consulting 5/5/2020
Fort Mill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Senior Vice President, Institution Services Business Consulting will be responsible for the leadership of our broker dealer and financial institutions leveraging LPL s wealth management platform for trust services. The role includes primary responsibility for strategic development, implementation and execution of strategic growth initiatives designed to expand markets, develop and grow new distribution models and other new strategic initiatives. Within this capacity, the role will lead specialized consultants and overall team execution of these strategic initiatives, and interface routinely with LPL internal business partners, LPL s senior most executives and the C-suite executives within our financial institution clients. The Institution Services Business Consulting Team is a proactive consultative sales team that is responsible for a client portfolio of various types of broker dealer partners and approximately 800 client financial institutions. The Senior Vice President will be responsible for creating strategy and driving same store sales growth, retention, and impactful relationship management through the actions of an engaged and effective team. The SVP will represent the client perspective on various committees, projects and initiatives to help influence and support execution of the firm s priorities. Within this role, the SVP will be responsible for the ideation and execution of initiatives within the Institution Services Business Consulting Department to help evolve the overall consulting efforts to heave greater impact on increasing same store sales growth and retention of client assets through disciplined consulting capabilities, sales management processes and consulting analytics.
The Senior Vice President must possess strategic foresight and be skilled at facilitating and engaging in
executive-level discussions with internal stakeholders, business partners and senior executive leaders, advisors, program managers, and C-suite executives within financial institution and broker dealer partners. The candidate must have a strong skillset in the areas of talent management and development, operational excellence and execution, problem solving and decision making, and strategic agility. Additionally, the candidate must possess strong business management discipline to ensure we operate a high-performing team with market and industry leading standards of excellence. Lastly, candidates must understand, utilize, and possess industry knowledge of the wealth management industry, financial markets, regulatory landscape, and the competitive industry to optimize results.
* Develop and manage a team culture to retain, develop and grow engaged employees
* Creating department goals, evaluating team s results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization and business unit
* Examine trends, develop insights, and create solutions in order to better support our business objectives and consulting efficacy
* Identify opportunities and create programs to increase client satisfaction, retention and same store sales growth
* Manage attrition risk of institutions and advisors; proactively manage high profile and complex situations
* Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence LPL Senior Management
* Developing and executing business plan initiatives
* Partnering with conference services to deliver exceptional education and conference events
* Minimum of bachelor s Degree in Finance or related field
* Minimum of 10 years experience in financial services preferable in sales and/or client service/relationship management
* Strong people management experience
* Series 7/63
* Extensive knowledge of the client financial institution channel segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer (financial institutions)
* Demonstrated knowledge of financial services industry, products and services
* Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
* Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
* Up to 40% travel anticipated
ABOUT LPL FINANCIAL:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
INFORMATION ON INTERVIEWS:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @LPL.COM email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.