System Administrator II (HPC) 6/3/2020
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc.
Annapolis Junction, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR -- ANNAPOLIS Junction, MD - 5K Sign-on Bonus
WORK WITH LEADING-EDGE TECHNOLOGY TO SUPPORT OUR MISSION CRITICAL SYSTEMS.
TS/SCI WITH POLYGRAPH (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required.
As a System Administrator II supporting our Government client in Annapolis, MD. you'll:
* Install, configure, and network UNIX and/or NT based platforms
* Create, modify and delete user accounts, perform system backups, and maintain system configuration files
* Have a fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with Linux and NT commands or utilities at the user level
* Provide support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, email services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems
* Have a Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field, and have five years of demonstrable experience
* Or five years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor s degree, and have eight years of demonstrable experience
* Experience installing, configuring, tuning, troubleshooting, and administration of:
* Multi-vendor servers running numerous COTS, opensource, and in-house applications to accommodate HPC Division IT support requirements
* Distributing computing tools such as RES, LSF and SLURM
* Multi-vendor servers running Redhat or SuSe with direct attached, FC SAN storage or SSDs.
* HPC farm systems, HPC MPP Clustered systems. Front End servers of SPDs
* IBM or HP Blade servers with FC/SAS/Network back end
* Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS and Lustre
* Pre-Factory testing. Factory testing, Systems integration and Acceptance testing during the purchase process of the HPC systems.
* Experience with Clusters and MPP systems from HPE and Cray
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management, and Consulting Services. For over 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce. Our various customers include: US Army, US Navy, DLA, NAVAIR, DOE, DOS, VA, USDA, TRANSCOM, FBI, DHS, DIA, NGA, GSA, AMBC, DOT and the DOC.
* Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
* Generous Leave
* 401k plan (employer matching contribution)
* Tuition reimbursement
* Computer purchase programs
* Potential for clearance upgrade, when possible
* Flexible work hours
* And more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer who is committed to hiring a diverse team of professionals to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer s expectations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. PSS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.