System Sales- IoT Connected Lighting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/1/2020
END DATE 4/8/2020
Signify North America Corporation
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONSYSTEMS SALES SPECIALIST CONNECTED LIGHTING
*THIS ROLE MAY BE SEATED IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO OUR OFFICES IN SOMERSET NJ, BURLINGTON MA, OR NYC
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world. See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
As a member of a Signify Sales team, you are right at the heart of our business. The End User Sales function is fundamental to driving growth. You understand the next-generation users wishes. You work in cross-functional teams to see those wishes become reality. You work closely with colleagues from R&D, product development and production. You bring it all together and help us launch new products and services. You translate our customers dreams into impactful solutions that keep us ahead of the market
We are looking for a SYSTEMS SALES SPECIALIST who will act as a strategic and technical consultant by crafting systems solutions for End User customer engagements. Acting as a subject matter expert, you will advise End User customers about lighting controls and IoT system architecture and to sell the outcome of these features.
You understand the End User customers objectives, pain points, and will map their business requirements with Signify systems offerings. You deliver a cohesive, value added lighting systems solution.
You will be part of the Signify team End User Commercial Sales Team where Systems Sales Specialists and KAMs support a multitude of End User customer segments.
WHAT YOU LL DO:
* As a Systems Sales Specialist you will drive innovation adoption and sales for Signify s Connected Lighting portfolio resulting in corporate specifications and business outcomes.
* Create tailored solutions that deliver an improved lighting system that promotes productivity, safety, sustainability and enhanced outcomes.
* Provide deep subject matter expertise on Lighting and Connect lighting applications.
* Be viewed as a specialist in lighting applications specific to customer requirements and industry best practices.
* Collaborative approach with zone/trade sales teams, develop and support value added partner business relationships with system and services opportunities.
* Collaborates effectively and efficiently with colleagues and departments.
* Collaborates with operational and technical teams to develop solution plans that include project performance modeling thru energy avoidance calculations, utility rates analysis, application of utility incentives and financial modeling to meet customer needs. This position serves as a lead to coordinate customization and integration efforts with Signify Sales development and operations.
* Provide feedback to the product development and marketing teams on future products
* Be a training resource of repetitive commercialized solutions that can be implemented across various sales segments.
* Leverages marketing to develop collateral and business cases in support of overall messaging.
WHAT YOU LL NEED:
* Bachelor s degree, preferably with technical orientation (Engineering, Electronics, Computer Sciences)
* A minimum of 5 years of Technical Sales Support or Business Development experience combined with a track record in selling complex systems, solutions and services in the Public Sector or Fortune 500 customer environment. Retail & Hospitality Vertical expertise is viewed as a positive.
* Experience in solution/value-based selling of IoT lighting controls, building automation and/or enterprise management systems.
* A strong understanding of enterprise networking, software, systems and lighting applications
* Knowledge/experience and/or certifications around lighting systems, energy management, network infrastructure, supporting services, and financial programs
* Capability and track record of team selling.
* Ability to adapt to both lead and supportive sales roles.
* Excellent written, presentation and oral skills.
* Demonstrate the ability to think critically
* Ability to learn quickly
* Experience working in a large, complex organization
* Proven track record in developing high quality, customer focused projects that leverages the best technical and financial solution.
* Customer centric with ability to adjust plans and actions to meet changing market / customer needs
WHAT YOU LL GET IN RETURN:
* Competitive salary and incentive depending on experience
* Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
* Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
WHAT WE PROMISE
We re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.