System Technologist Specialist 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
T4E System Technologist Team
* Is able to act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on projects using advanced Networking skills.
* Capable of directing self and other assigned project Technical Resources
* Mentors less experienced technical resources.
* Participates in post-sale implementation of voice and data communications systems.
* Performs specific system configuration, programming, optimization, testing, and documentation tasks.
* Works with other Technical Resources, SSC, CSE, Product Groups, and/or others in the characterization of system defects during system implementation and, on occasion, during the maintenance phase.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED SKILLS:
* At least 1 industry certification in the SME role needed
* Must possess or acquire CET Associates and Journeyman Certifications within 6 months of hire
* Extensive travel is typically required 75%
* Candidates may live in GA, FL, NC, SC, AL, MS, LA, AR, TN - near any major metropolitan area with access to airport
* Will be required to obtain security clearance as well as pass CJIS background and driving background checks
* Associate s Degree and 5+ years of experience in their subject matter specialty
* or 8+ years as an electronic or field technician/specialist
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contracts
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.